XXX

That evening Prem organized a dinner on their luxurious rooftop for Noor. With the spell-binding sunset playing backdrop, the entire rooftop was lavishly decorated with roses and candles. Dressed in a three-piece plum colored suit, he stood waiting for her inside a large heart made on the ground with rose petals. There was a pathway, also made of rose petals, that led to the heart from the stairs. He rubbed his hands together nervously as he heard the click of her heels growing louder. His heart picked up it's pace as the top of her head appeared in the stairs and she slowly revealed herself. Wearing a purple silk sari with the diamond jewelry set he had gifted her on their first anniversary, his queen stood across him providing competition to the beauty of the setting sun itself. She took her time admiring the setting and her man before obeying his gesture and beginning to walk towards him. He watched her graciously step over the rose petals as she made her way over to him. The sari hugged her curves perfectly with her tube top revealing just enough of her full chest above the faint lines on her abdomen outlining her abs. She had kept her makeup in the nudes and allowed her loosely curled hair to fall down to her waist. She was a goddess. He admired the way her hips moved, suggesting something between sexy and elegant at every step. Her shine put the sun to shame. The depth in her eyes disgraced the lake. She was stunning. She was his. He couldn't believe it.

"Prem." She said as she reached him. Her smile was inerasable and her happiness knew no bounds in that moment. He held out his hand to lead her inside the heart. She took it and stepped in.

"Noor..." He stared at her. She took his breath away. He stood mesmerized for a while unable to say anything.

"Prem..." She whispered. She didn't need his mouth to voice any words to understand what he was feeling or trying to say.

"Noor..." He reached up still in his daze and moved some hair at her cheek to the side.

"Prem..." Noor smiled taking a step forward to cover the distance between them as she put her arms around his neck and brought her face next to his. His responded by letting their noses touch.

"Noor..." He whispered, still unable to say anything else.

"Prem!" Noor broke out laughing. She was breathless and overwhelmed, on the verge of tears.

"I... missed that laugh." He finally said withdrawing to scan her laughing face. His eyes were glossy as well. "You are..." he paused as he let his eyes run over her face and down to her chest before returning to her eyes again, "beautiful."

"I know." Noor brought her face closer to his again. "You're not too bad yourself." She joked.

"Not too bad, huh?" He laughed as well.

"Prem..." Noor gasped for air as a tear escaped her eye. She also hadn't heard the sound of his laugh in two years. "I missed your laugh. Oh my god." She closed her eyes taking him in a hug. He put his arms around her to reciprocate. They held onto each other tightly, letting their gratitude and desires flow across.

"You're perfect." Prem whispered in a voice full of passion when they withdrew from the lasting hug.

"You're okay too." Noor replied with a mischievous smile on her face. Prem's dimples appeared again as he shook his head in his timeless shy smile. "God damn it, that fucking smile Prem!" Noor exclaimed as she held his chin and turned his face to the side to plant a kiss on his cheek. He began putting his arms on her waist again but immediately withdrew taking a step back.

"Okay, first things first." He said as he got down on one knee and reached in his pocket. Noor watched on surprised as he pulled out a small box. It contained a diamond ring. "Noor Dhaliwal, your husband is..." He paused thinking of his next words.

"A bit of an asshole..." Noor completed his sentence for him as he broke out laughing again.

"A bit of an asshole." He repeated after her. "But..." He hesitated again.

"But he loves me more than life itself." She finished for him again.

"But he loves you more than life itself." He nodded taking in some air. "You are..." He said exhaling. "The greatest thing that's ever happened to me. I love you more than anything else in the world. And after all that's happened, the fact that you and I are standing here, together, alive and well, and in love as deep as there can be, just proves one thing, that you and I were always meant to be. So, I'm sitting right here, on my knees before you, asking you one more time, to forgive me, to forgive us, to let go of the past, and to accept me one more time. Be mine again, this time, forever. Be mine till the end of time."

Noor shifted her sari to get down on her knees before him. "I always was, I am, and I forever will be yours, Prem Dhaliwal." She spoke getting emotional.

He smiled at her answer and gestured at her to empty her ring finger of the previous stone. She took it off and watched him put the new ring on her finger. "I love you." He kissed her hand.

"I love you too." Tears flowed out of Noor's eyes and he wiped her cheeks taking her into another hug.

"No more crying from now on." He said with her still in his hold.

Prem had several gifts lined up on the table next to them. He helped her up and began by handing her the first present. Noor unwrapped it to find a folder inside. She opened it up to see some papers. Upon examining them in more detail, she realized the charitable trust she and Prem were discussing of opening two years ago had been formed by the name of "GurMan."

"In the honor of Gurleen and Arman." Prem said as he placed his hand on her arm. Noor put the folder aside at once and took him in another hug.

"Thank you." She whispered in tears.

"No more tears, remember." He reminded her when they pulled away. "We will not remember two of the most beautiful souls we knew in vain."

"We will not." Noor agreed wiping the remaining tears in a pleased smile.

The second present was a Roberto Cavalli gown Prem had seen Noor eyeing during their trip to Milan, Italy, also two years ago. He had bought it right then and there but didn't get a chance to give it to her. The third present was a diamond jewelry set while the fourth was vacation package to the Maldives. Noor was impressed. She kissed him before taking him by the hand to the couch next to the fireplace.

"I have a present for you too." She said as she took a seat next to him.

"Okay." Prem looked on.

"Prem..." She paused in a nervous smile drawing in some air.

"Noor..." He encouraged her to go on as he took one of her hands in his.

"Prem." She said scooting closer to him. She looked him deep in the eyes and placed her other hand on top of his as she found the courage to say the words she been waiting to say to him since the afternoon. "I'm pregnant." She said squeezing his hand.

"You're...what..." Prem seemed frozen. He replayed her words in his mind to ensure she had really said what he heard.

"Pregnant." Noor repeated in a smile.

"Oh my god." He shot forward and took her face in his hands. "Are you sure?" He was suddenly breathless. "Are you sure?" He repeated. Noor nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Oh my god." He said once more as he put his hands over his face. "Oh my god. Noor." Noor just watched on. "You're pregnant?" He asked still unable to register the news. "Oh my god. Wow. You're pregnant. I can't believe it. Wow. You're pregnant!" He was shaking as he reached for her shoulder. Tears streamed down his face as his shivering hands made their way back up to her face. "Oh my god."