Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

|5|

I don't know how long it had been but it had been long enough for me to start hearing things. Like things crawling around or the scuttling of what I assumed to be a rat. I couldn't be sure that what I was hearing was real or whether my mind was playing tricks on me.

My clothes were now wet from sitting on the floor and my fingers and toes had become numb from the cold. To be honest I was surprised I was still alive. I mean surely my body should have given up by now.

My stomach made a horrendous sound and I realised the last time I had eaten was when I was with Gemma at Mora's.

Oh god, that double sundae, chocolate chip fudge with marshmallows on top was the most amazing thing ever.

Just thinking about it made me drool.

Spending a prolonged amount of time in isolation in an environment such as this can lead to delirious thoughts and self doubt and that was exactly what started happening to me.
I started dreaming that I was back home, back in the sterile room but it didn't seem so bad anymore. Mum and Dad were standing outside and then suddenly Gemma appeared and everything was fine... I was alright, my parents were fine, Gemma was fine. Everything was fine.

And then suddenly a shift and I was back alone and cold in the cage. Nothing was fine.
What happened to my parents? Did Alpha Stone keep his promise? Is Gemma alright? Did my parents go back home? 

All these thoughts bounded through my head and eventually I thought my head was going to burst.

Against my better judgement, and simply because I was too tired to hold my head up, I laid down on the slimy floor.

Please let this be over quickly, I begged in my head, hoping that someone above would be listening.

                                                                                              ★☾★

When I woke up, I thought for a split second that I was back in my own bed. I was lying on a bed, warm and comfortable and it smelt clean and nice and for that split second I was overcome with a great sense of happiness and then suddenly I heard the beeping.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I blinked several times and turned my head to the side where there was a monitor set up. I watched as a heart rhythm traced on the screen and it took me a few seconds to notice all the wires and leads attached to me before I realised it was my heart rhythm on the screen. 

I glanced around the room and realised that I was back in the same medical room I was in when I first woke up.

"Hello," I gasped in shock as a woman approached me. Bloody hell, where did she come from?

She walked towards me, head held high, wearing a while lab coat and a stethoscope around her neck.

"I'm glad to see you're finally awake." Her voice was sweet and she smiled politely. She turned to the cardiac monitor and started to press some buttons, examining my heart rate closely.

She nodded finally, and turning to me she said, "Well everything looks fine. Let's get you disconnected from all of this." She gestured to all the leads attached to me.

I glanced around once again as she took off the leads and noticed a bag of blood hanging up.

"Oh yeah, you were severely anaemic so I gave you a blood transfusion."

I watched the doctor with a bemused expression.

"Um-" I stopped to clear my throat when I sounded croaky, "sorry, I just- um you do realise I am a prisoner here."