i. backstory

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*☁️🌫🖤

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*☁️🌫🖤

| 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐢𝐦 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝. |
ONE • backstory

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*☁️🌫🖤

𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵?

𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵?

TOM AND ARIANA have been friends for as long as they can remember. They had known each other for 6 years after meeting at an audition. They were best friends ever since, no one could ever split them up. that's what they thought at least.

the thing ariana never knew is that tom had always had a crush on her. he loved her smile, her laugh, the way she would walk around belting Whitney Houston with no shame. he even thought he loved her for a while, so he did the only thing he could do. he told her.

two years ago, he sat her down and told her everything. his desire for her, how he would constantly stalk her instagram when she wasn't around, and most importantly that he loved her.

ariana's view on tom was completely different than his view on her. she loved him as a friend and nothing more. he was always there for her, he would take her to his sets, he would deal with singing Whitney Houston all the time. everyone hated when she did, but he didn't. she just didn't know that he was in love with it. he would be her shoulder to cry on, the Patrick to her sponge bob, as she would say. that's what made him the perfect best friend.

so, to keep it that way, she told him exactly that. that she loved him as well but not the way he wanted her to love him. he was an amazing best friend and no one could change that. he just had to except the fact she didn't love him the same way he loved her.

of course it was weird for a while. it was hell for tom to have to look at her laugh, smile, and know that she would never be his. it was hell for ariana to watch him slowly distance himself from her. she felt as if she had done something bad.

they both noticed the changes on each other. ariana didn't smile as widely and tom didn't look at her the way he used to. so, they made a decision to leave everything behind them and to go back to the worlds favorite best friends that they once used to be. they did that.

and toms feelings vanished.

now that ariana knew that tom had felt this way for her she began to look at him the way he looked at her. she noticed the way his chest vibrates when he laughs, how his eyes sparkle when he does his Peter Parker accent. and then boom:

she fell for him.

now, we can't say that she began to fall in love with tom because, truth is, she still is deeply in love with him.

when she brought these feelings from the deepest and darkest part of her mind and finally excepted it she was lost. the only thing she could do was sing. to sing and write about him, to write down the way she loved him and she did that.

she wrote over 15 songs for him. she soon changed them into the loving album we all know as sweetener. she then put it out in the public wanting tom to realize that she finally felt the same way and to love her.

he didn't.

he thought that he album was about some guy that she had a quick fling with. it couldn't be about him, she told him straight to his face that she didn't feel like that. could she have changed her mind?

no.

ariana never changed her mind.

at least that's what he thought.

now the roles had completed changed. it went from what ariana never knew to what tom never knew.

and what tom never knew is that his best friend is madly in love with him.

authors note:
damn. i made this shit real
dramatic. so I was wondering what
type of uploading schedule y'all would
like, if anyone even reads, so comment
pls so I know :)