Chapter 2 - "Wangxian"

Others saw him as cold.

An observation Second Young Master Lan had never refuted.

The iciness he had accepted...

Be it appearance or within, his warmth could not be mustered. Untouchable, no different than the Bitter Frost, but unlike the Undead Immortal Cultivator, Song Lan, HanGuang Jun's detachment was ingrained.

His fire....

The flame extinguished long ago,

When the child stood in the midst of snow.

Believing others had lied...

The stubborn youth kept vigil for the smile from the other side.

Awaiting...The wishful child yearned to hear the teasing voice that brought him joy,

Which had delighted his heart since he was a boy.

Still...No matter how long he persisted,

That person no longer existed.

Dormant...

The child's solid heart stayed,

Since the days of the fallen frost.

Until...A trespasser dared to block his blade,

Unbeknownst, their stars had crossed.

Intrigued at first glance,

For however long, he did not know...

Or did not wish to know,

Lan Wangji, the Jade of Gusu, knew he was entranced.

Foe, adversary...rival?

No, it was none of these.

Yet, Second Young Master Lan could not decipher what was he.

Under the moonlit sky, Wei Wuxian's devilish side shone in his twinkling eyes, which taunted...teased...

Tempted...

So brightly they were lit, outshining even the celestial orb above. That moment was the period of Chang'e, the Mythical Moon Goddess, who would have fully shined. But her beauty, the magic bestowed by mortal's love, transcending even time...desisted.

All due to the two swordsmen under her sky.

Unyielding, their swords continued to clash in her presence. The youths of that time fought, though fiercely their swords collided, the winner to this day remains undecided.

However, tonight, as though she knew this moment would come, the shy Goddess above covered her sky. The development was past due, although the battle was of a different nature in the present.

Beneath was the man who clung for dear life. Eager lips and desperate bites...Engulfed one's senses when their basic needs slipped them further down its path. Their lips joined after a long while, each seeking the pace without running out of breath. Unschooled in such an intimate act, neither knew what they were doing, short or long, the length they did not know, a rhythm was soon established.

More potent than a drug, more intoxicating than Emperor's smile or even the strongest wine. Foreign these feelings may be, but with them came the waves of ecstasy.

If this was a dream, Lan Wangji would dare not wake.

Countless days, be it day or night; those fantasies were all the same -- a yearning for which had brought him shame. Ravenous to be accurate. Was it wrong to want a taste? Other than the bland flavor of life, Second Young Master Lan had waited...starved.