What Are You, Ten?

Third Person's POV

     Four days after, Ronke Badmus was seated in her well-furnished bedroom on the Island in Lagos, staring at her son on the screen via WhatsApp Video Call as he narrated the ordeal he was into, to her.

     Whenever it comes to getting a wife issue, the second of her two sons was always eluding the discussion. Now he was trapped, and she warned him...

     "Mum, are you listening to me at all?"

     "What did I tell you the last time I came over there to check up on you?"

     "About what?" He asked staring at her and she remained silent. "I can't remember mum."

     Ronke sighed thinking, 'I just don't know what is wrong with this new age children'

     "Didn't I tell you to be careful 'cause I feel something serious is coming? And I can recall I told you to be cautious for the next one month. You were seated outside facing the swimming pool."

     "Oh yeah. But mum..."

     "Don't but Mum me. I always wonder where that boy who was always ready to go to Sunday school on Sundays is hiding."

     "Mum, please don't start this now. What am I going to do about this situation? I can't tell her to abort it neither can I tell her to have the baby by herself while I am here, if the media gets to know, my reputation is blown and it's only a matter of time before my privacy is ruined."

     "Do you love her?"

     "Love? Mom, it was just hook ups. Nothing more."

     "I don't know why you will go and be having hook ups all around with no protection. What are you, ten?"

     "Mom!"

     "Don't you dare Mom me! I am terribly disappointed in you. How could you? Anyway, do you like her at all?"

     "She's cool for a girl, sexy, smart and funny. I think I like her."

     "Good. So, why don't you take it one step at a time?"

     "I don't understand, Mom."

     "I mean, take her out, get to know her, if she is worth it, you can pull the marriage card, if she isn't then you've got yourself a baby mama. The dates will look to the media as if you guys are going out and when it finally comes out that she is pregnant, the attack won't be so intense."

     "You see why I love you right there, you give the best advice. You are my best female friend. I love you, Mom."

     "Yes, yes, I know you can't do without me. Your dad is so going be mad at you. You had better call him and report yourself."

     "Can't you do it for me, Mom?"

     "O maa baje o. Me, I should help you call? You are going to be a father soon, start learning to take responsibility. I will be here praying for you. I pray it all goes fine."

    "Amen and amen."

    "I have to go. Your dad will be here any minute from now requesting for his food."

     "All right Mom. Take care."

     "Yeah and you too. Stay safe and I love you."

     "I love you too Mom."

          *          *          *          *

Laolu's POV

     Few hours later, Tobi came to see me and after greeting each other, he asked without wasting a minute,

     "So, any plans?"

     "Yes, I'm going to take her on some dates and if she is making sense, then I have got myself a girlfriend and baby mama."

     "Seriously?"

     "Yes o."

     "And if she isn't?"

     "Well, we'll deal with it."

     "Okay. So, how are you going to tell her?"

     "We will just go on dates. Let me even call her now and tell her to get ready." I said, bringing out my phone and made to dial but Dami hijacked it from me and said,

     "How you go just call woman like that? Consider her feelings na. No romantic bone for your body at all."

     "So, what am I supposed to do?"

     "You see Laolu, ladies are like eggs, and they are to be handled carefully. They are sensitive and...."

     "Guy, skip lecture and tell me what to do?"

     "Simple and short. Get her flowers with a note, when she agrees, send her gifts, take her to fun places, surprise her. I am sure you will also enjoy it. Dating is fun."

     "Ah! Tobi Tobe, Tobi Padi mi, Olosho for woman."

     "Na you sabi, if you go fit do all these things well, this whole situation go plum and if e go the other way, I gat you, bro."

     "Thanks bro. So, what's up with Yetty?"

     "She is okay but she is worried about you. You gotta haul your ass and go see her before my baby die of worry. I sometimes wonder why she cares about you."

     I laughed. "I'm her favorite movie star. Why won't she care about me?"

     "I can see your smart mouth is back. Let's see if it extends to the PlayStation." Tobi said and he got up to get the pads as I laughed.

     "You know say I go beat that your black ass to death. You wan try me?"

     "Show me what you've got man. I dey for you like dele." Tobi said as I laughed, collecting the pad from him and we started playing as we bantered.

     Tobi just knew how to make everything seem cool. He was one of the people I could never forget in my life.
--------------------------------------
A/N

What's up my people?

How's this chapter?

They are going on dates. 👏👏

Who is happy?
Lucky Siri right?

Do you think Laolu will like her enough to marry her?

Starred Words
O maa baje o - You are spoilt o
Tobi Padi mi, Olosho - Tobi my friend, ladies man

Tell me what you think. I appreciate your votes.

Thank you!