December 24th

December 24th

I woke up by the sun, shining through my curtains. I'd forgotten to pull them infront of the window yesterday, and now I had to pay the price. I turned to my side expecting to see Gavin, but he was gone. I frowned and turned to the other side, checking the time on the digital watch on my bedside table. It was only half past seven. How could he be up already? I pulled the covers away and stood up. I winced a little when my bare feet touched the ice cold floor. I shuddered in my tank top and shorts and hurried to find my robe and slippers somewhere in the closet. When I finally found them I decided to start a search for Gavin. I'd soon come to the conclusion that he wasn't upstairs and went downstairs instead.

I searched the whole house, but Gavin was nowhere to be found. The only rooms I hadn't looked in were my parent's room and Oskar's room, but since Angelina had stayed the night, there was no way I was going in there Even though they were probably just sleeping now, there were probably traces of what they did before they fell asleep and I really didn't want to see that. And my parents were probably asleep, and I didn't want to wake them up.

I decided to call Gavin and ask him where he was, but when I did, he wouldn't pick up. I found it very unlikely that he would've gone home or even left the house this early, but it seemed to be the only explanation. I sighed and sat down on the couch in the living room. I wish I knew where he lived so that I could ask him what happened, but I guess that would be stalkerish.

*

I was still sitting in the couch when Oskar came down about an hour later. He snickered at me and sat down next to me.

"How's my favourite sister doing?" he asked, messing my hair up with his hand. I swatted it away and gave him a glare.

"Gavin left. I don't know when, why or where he went when I woke up he was gone" I told my brother.

"But I saw him this morning when I was on my way to the toilet" my head snapped his way. "It was around half past five or whatever and he was up, fully dressed with his bag. We didn't really talk, but I heard him talk on the phone with someone. I think it was someone named Sophie or something like that, probably a sister. It seemed as if they were fighting over something"

"But Gavin doesn't have a sister" I whispered.

Was he cheating on me?

Oskar told me he was sorry and left me, walking upstairs to Angelina instead. I got my phone again and tried calling Gavin. This time he picked up. He couldn't give me a legit reason to why he left, but suggested we'd meet at the park. I agreed, still worried about wether he was cheating on me or not.

Hangning up I got my jacket and quickly made my way to the park. I'd agreed to meet him there as soon as possible. I had absloutely no idea what was going on and to be honest, a part of me didn't want to know.

*

I saw Gavin immediately when I got to the park. He was sitting on a bench by the monkey bars, watching the children. When he heard me coming, he turned around. I didn't even sit beside him before demanding an answer and asking who Sophie was. He looked ashamed and refused to meet my gaze. When I asked him if he was cheating on me, he opened and closed his mouth several times, no words coming out of it. I put my hand on my hip, waiting for an answer. Gavin sighed and opened his mouths again, now forming words.

"Her named is Sophia and she lives in New Zealand. Me and my dad lived there for a while. God! This sounds so stupid!" he was silent for a while before continuing. "Uhm, she's kind of my girlfriend, but I've been trying to break up with her for a while now. We've had a long distance relationship for like a year, but ever since I met you I've tried to break up with her, but she always cuts me off and says something about how much she loves me and I just can't hurt her"

"So you've practically cheated on her with me?" I took a step back from him, feeling my cheeks heat up with anger. Gavin didn't answer, which I took as a yes. I didn't care if he'd tried to break up with her, he hadn't and I was helping him cheat on his girlfriend. "This is the kind of thing you bring up before going on a date with someone!" I said.

"I wanted to, but I just didn't know how to!" Gavin tried, standing up to face me. "I love you Wendy! I don't have any feelings for Sophia anymore!"

"Then how do I know you won't loose interest in me in a few days?" Gavin opened his mouth, but I cut him off. "I was really sad about leaving for christmas to see my relatives in Arizona, but now, I'm just happy about it. That means I'll get away from you!" I stomped away from him, making the snow splash.

"You're leaving?" he asked, grabbing my wrist. "When?"

"Tomorrow morning, don't count on getting a date when I come home in January!" I yelled at him and got my wrist out of his grip before stomping my way home.

We were so done.

***

A/N

Oh no!!

Sooooo, in Sweden we celebrate christmas on the 24th, so....

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it's christmas!! It doesn't feel like it... Oh well... I'm happy anyway.... So, I was in church this morning with the choir for small children I'm volunteering with, they're so adorable!!! They had a christmas play thingy about how Jesus was born, it's the most adorable thing ever!!

Anyway, tomorrow's the 25th, which means the last chapter of this story.... :(

But it's been fun.

Love you

~Rebecka~