Imagine #3 (Steve Rogers)

Imagine telling Steve you're pregnant

Positive
It was just a word.
Breathe in.
Just one word.
Breathe out.
One life-changing word.
You stared at the small white stick in your hand. What were you going to do. You and Steve hadn't talked about this. Of course, you wanted kids, but the question was, would he.
Positive.
Your hands shook, one piece of plastic, one word, and your life changes.
Tears fell from your face and onto your sink. You hadn't even realized you were crying.
How long had you been crying?
"Positive," you whispered once under your breath as if it was any better than repeating it in your head a thousand times.
"Doll, why are you crying," Steve came into the bathroom concern etched onto his face.
You were sure shock was evident on your face as you looked up at your, overly, handsome boyfriend.
Would your child have his good looks and charm?
The thought warmed your heart, but dread came back when you thought about what Steve would think.
What would he think?
"Steve, a while ago you said we didn't need to use condoms. Am I wrong?"
Steve flushed a deep red, he was always so shy about this stuff, "Uh, well, yeah I said that. Why what's the problem?"
"Well it's not really a problem right now, necessarily," you said hesitantly.
"What does that mean," he asked confusion in his voice.
"Ya know, it's more like a grain of rice sized problem."
"I'm sorry doll, I don't think I'm following."
He looked down at your hand, the white stick poking out from your clenched fists.
"I mean the problem will grow eventually, just right now it isn't a huge problem, you know we don't have to think about it today, you began to walk out of the room, the bathroom was suddenly feeling hot.
Steve stopped you from going farther with his strong arms. Not that you were hard to stop, you felt like jelly.
"It's a baby."
His face was unreadable, voice was calm and collected.
You were panicking was that all he was going to say. 3 words.
Was he upset?
Anger started to fill your chest.
Why wasn't he being helpful?
"Good guess, do you want a prize or something. Is that really all you can say," you said rather harshly.
All of a sudden his lips were on yours, an electrifying sensation burning through your body.
"It's a baby," he said but this time a large grin spread across his lips.
You hugged him tightly, as relief washed over you, you whispered into his chest, "it's a baby."