The Cold

"Remind me again why we are in Tibet?" Wally whined, rubbing his arms as he shook in his boots.

"As we have stated, this is where the Outlaws are. Now quit complaining." Kaldur commanded, pulling his coat tighter around himself.

"Okay, okay...mister cranky pants." Wally murmured, looking to Dick for direction but finding his best friend looking at his gauntlet computer instead. Wally went up to him and waved a hand in front of his face. "Hello? Earth to Dick?"

"Hmm? What do you need?" Dick asked, looking up from his computer to see the team all looking at him. "What?"

"What had you so intrigued?" Artemis asked, trying to get a glimpse at the computer before Dick closed it out.

No such luck.

Dick cleared his throat, pushing his way to the front of the group and leading the charge through the snow. "According to their trackers, they should be just around this passage way." The team followed Dick through the mountains, nobody saying anything as they braced themselves against the cold wind. Dick stopped abruptly causing Wally to walk right into his back. "That can't be right."

"What? What is it?" Roy asked, bouncing on his toes.

"According to their trackers they are straight ahead." Everyone looked up to see nothing but a sheer wall of snowy mountain. Dick raised an eyebrow. "Does that look right to you?"

"Are they camouflaged?" The team turned to give Wally incredulous looks. "What? It is a valid question."

"Did they abandon their trackers?" Dick shook his head. "How do you know?"

"It is below freezing up here, the trackers would've stopped working in these conditions...unless they were still attached to warm bodies." The team nodded in understanding.

"So, where are they?" Artemis asked impatiently, glaring at the side of the mountain.

"Well, my best guess would be they are in the mountain." Everyone stared at Dick with various looks of disbelief. "What? Its plausible. Or are you forgetting where our base of operations is?"

"Yeah, but the Justice League put it there. Who would hide something in the middle of the Himalayas?"

"Only one way to find out." Dick started trudging towards the mountain, his teammates falling in behind him.

Wally turned to Roy, muttering under his breath. "At least we will be inside."

- - -

Jason stepped off the airplane with Kori and Arsenal behind him, glad they bought tickets on a small charter flight rather than a huge commercial flight.  He thanked the pilot before turning to Kori and nodding, the alien princess rolling her eyes.

"Sometimes I really hate being the only one able to fly on this team." She muttered, making Jason and Arsenal scoff in reply.

"Please, no you don't. You love being able to fly away from our bullshit."

Koriand'r said nothing as she wrapped one arm around each of the two boys' waists, propelling herself into the air and towards the destination as Jason gave directions.

"How do you know the All Caste will be here?" Arsenal asked, admiring the view as Kori flew them through the clouds. "Or are you just hoping we die a quick death via squashing against a mountainside?"

Jason rolled his eyes with a small chuckle. "We are just checking to see if the All Caste are here. And if they aren't, or they have already been destroyed, well, at least we have a base of operations."

"Ooh, nice thinking. For a change." Kori smirked.

"And who knows, they may have useful resources for you to use in your process of getting us home, Arse."

"I told you not to call me that."

"But it is just so fitting."

"Mmkay, Jaybird."

Kori rolled her eyes as her two best friends began to bicker, tuning them out as she flew them closer to their destination.

They reached their destination in record time, Kori landing and placing the two boys next to her in the snow. She looked to Jason for instructions on what to do next, but Jason either didn't notice or was ignoring her and Arsenal as he walked towards a sheer wall of snow and mountain.

"Uh, Jay? Don't know if you know this, but we can't exactly walk through walls. How do you expect us to get in there?" Arsenal questioned, beginning to feel the cold seep through his jacket.

Jason spun around, a small smile dancing on his lips. "Same way we did in our universe. Allow me to demonstrate." He took a few steps back away from the mountain wall, breathing deeply, before sprinting straight at the snow.

"This isn't going to end well." Kori murmured, making no attempt to stop Jason as he dove at the mountain, surprising both her and Arsenal as he disappeared through the snow. Kori's jaw dropped and she turned to Arsenal to see the same expression. "You saw that, right?"

"Mhm." Arsenal shook the anxiety out of his body, taking a few steps back. "This is so crazy, but what else are we going to do? Who knows what he is facing in there..."

Arsenal did the same as Jason, running at the mountain and diving straight through the snow, leaving Kori to trail behind. She flew at the wall and followed in their footsteps, appearing on the inside of the mountain to see Jason and Arsenal waiting for her. She mock glared at Jason. "If I had splatted against that mountain, you'd be in a world of hurt."

"I don't doubt it. Now come on, we have to find out if the All Caste are here."

The trio of Outlaws made their way through the labyrinth that was before them, in search of the ancient All Caste. They came up empty handed after hours of searching, deciding to rest in one of the gardens.

Jason sighed, leaning back on his elbows to stare up at the over hanging tree. "There is no sign of a slaughter, yet there is signs of the All Caste having existed here. I don't get it. Where did they go?"

"Perhaps I can shed some light onto what has happened here." All three of the Outlaws were immediately on alert, jumping up to see who the new comer was.

Jason felt his heart stop when his eyes landed on none other than Ra's Al Ghul.