Owie

"Come here you little rat!" Steve bolts through the living room with a big smile on his face. He probably would be sweating by now if it weren't for his serum. Y/N keeps running away from him with giggles, screeches and loud laughing. Each time Steve nearly catches her she dodges his hands and the brush and escapes into another corner of the room. Steve doesn't mind. They don't have a time limit to get her ready and it's really just the hair that needs to be taken care of now. Tony can wait that long. "Y/N. Come on. Daddy is tired." Steve runs a bit slower, acting as if he needs to catch his breath and leans on the couch. Y/N stops and looks from behind the coffee table at him. She's still smiling. She takes a few steps to him but falls over her puzzle, stumbles and manages to only fall on her butt. Steve eyes her for a second and then uses the chance to bolt forward. Y/N screeches and quickly crawls away. Steve manages to catch her foot and lift her up on it. "Got you!" She laughs and struggles. Steve tickles her with his free hand before he sits back down on the couch, situating her on his lap. "There. Can we brush your hair now?"

"No!"

"Y/N, stop." Steve tries to look stern but starts laughing as Y/N slowly climbs from his lap. She doesn't hurry but seems to think that she's incredibly fast. Steve sighs and gives her a little head start before he jumps up and rushes past her. "Y/N! You little devil." Just as he's about to grab her again she turns right and hides behind a pair of two legs. Steve looks up and sees Bucky with a cup of coffee in his hand. The brunette stares with confusion at him, but he has a hint of a smile on his face. "Papa!" Y/N screeches and giggles while Bucky smiles and pets her head. "I thought you would be ready by now, sweetie." He looks from Y/N back to Steve. "But daddy seems to distract you."

"Not fair, Buck. She's running away from me."

"Don't blame the innocent, Rogers." Bucky causes Steve to snort. The blonde shoots a last look at Y/N before he slings his arms around Bucky's waist and pulls him to his own chest. He pouts at the brunette. "Help me, Buck."

"Nope. I warned you about that." Bucky smirks and Steve sighs again. Then he quickly tries to catch Y/N's hand, but she lets herself fall on her butt and giggles. Steve just shrugs. "Then you go with bed hair." He softly pulls Bucky closer and kisses him. Bucky hums into the kiss and smiles, wrapping his own arms around Steve. "Too, daddy!" Y/N pulls on Steve's leg and then on Bucky's. "Papa!" Steve feels Bucky smile into the kiss before he breaks it and leans down to pick the little whirlwind up. "So, you want kisses, too?" Y/N nods eagerly with and determined expression on her face. "We can do that. But only if papa can finally brush your hair so your all pretty, okay?"

"Yes." The girl nods again and gives Bucky a big kiss on his cheek. Steve pouts and crosses his arms. "That's unfair. Papa gets all the good kisses." Y/N giggle as Bucky rolls his eyes, but she makes grabby hands for Steve, too and gives him a big, when even wet kiss in the nose.

The run Steve started with Y/N continues in the common room. Y/N runs around and laughs at Steve's ridicules fails to catch her. Bucky sits on the couch, together with Nat, and they both laugh their asses off when Steve trips and hits his head on the couch. "Are they always like this?"

"No. But sometimes. And I'm glad that Steve has the struggle to get her to bed when he keeps her up like this."

"I imagine it's difficult."

"Let's just say you can say good bye to nap time today and deal with a tired and cranky baby girl." Nat winces at the thought but makes the pleased face that Bucky sees more often on the faces of the others. The face that says 'How good that I'm just the aunt/uncle and can go when it's too much'.

"Y/N, careful." Steve calls and jumps up from his spot behind the couch. He runs after Y/N who's now behind the couch on the smooth floor to the kitchen. He just reaches the door as they hear a loud squeal. Bucky quickly turns and sees Y/N fall forward, hitting her head against a sideboard with a dull thump. She looks up at Steve before she starts to scream and to cry. "Shit!" Steve is at her side instantly and tries to pry Y/N's little hands from her forehead to get a close look. Blood is already oozing out between her fingers and makes its path down her arms. She wriggles and tries to get away from Steve but at the same time she seeks his comfort in leaning back in when his hands disappear. "Baby girl. Let me see. Let me get a look on your head."