↳ nia nal- 'friend'

It killed you to see your best friend hurt. "I can't believe he just.. left me." she cried over the phone. "I am so sorry, Nia. You don't deserve that and he most definitely does not deserve you. You deserve so much better. You deserve to be happy." you reassured her. "Thanks,
(Y/n). You're such a good friend." 'Friend'. You hated that word more than anything right now. You wished you could be more than that to her, but unfortunately you were almost positive that she didn't like you like that. "Do you want me to come over?" you asked. "Sure. Thanks, that would really help."

You had tried to build up the courage to tell Nia how you felt that night, but you couldn't do it. You were afraid to lose her and that night you realized that she really just needed a friend. It wasn't the right time.

[TIME JUMP: TWO (2) WEEKS]

Nia was talking about the guy that she had broken up with less and less over the past couple of weeks. You figured that today would be a good day to tell her due to the fact that you were getting lunch with her today.

       You headed towards Nia's desk to see if she was ready to go grab lunch. "Hey, Nia." you smiled nervously. "Oh hey, (y/n)! i'm just finishing up, i'll meet you at your car."

[TIME JUMP: THE CAFÉ]

       Once both you and Nia had taken your seats you decided to start, "Nia.. there's something i've been wanting to tell you." you squirmed in your seat as Nia gave you a concerned look. "What is it, (y/n/n)?" she sipped her water as you took a deep breathe. "So.. you know I like girls.. right?" you waited for a response. "Yeah- wait do you like someone?!" Nia started to get overexcited. "Is it Lena?! Oh wait is it Kara? I bet it's Kara-"

     "..It's you." you couldn't believe you had finally admitted it. You looked at the table; you couldn't pull yourself to look her in the eyes.

       After a few seconds, she grabbed your hand and you looked up at her. "(Y/n)... I like you too." she smiled. "Wait, really?" you were incredibly confused. "Yeah. Really. After that night you came over my house.. I don't know.. I guess I just felt this weird.. feeling. I realized that I had feelings for you."