Chapter 2- The Dream

Nikki's POV -

Tommy and I are good and fucked up right about now, sitting on my king-sized hotel bed. I don't think that I could even tell what's on the tube. It could be fucking Phil Donahue for all I know, and it's damn hysterical. Tommy is barely coherent. I think that he's going to keel over at any moment. He's usually the first to nod out, and I can't wait until he does. I have a small amount of dope left on me. I want it, and I don't want to share. If we were home at my house, I'd share with T. But on the road, hell no. It's not always easy to get, and I don't want to run out. I'm getting antsy, so I put the whiskey bottle back up to Tommy's lips for him to take more in. He takes a few more sloppy swigs. He'll go out sooner, I hope.

I'm distracted. I hear my dope calling my name [psst...Nikki...over here]. Maybe it's Tommy talking to me, he's saying something, but I can't comprehend it. I just nod and laugh, and knock him back with a sturdy punch on his shoulder. He loses his balance and falls back, catching himself on his elbow and propping himself halfway up, before he fell completely flat on the mattress. He's laughing, and I think he's debating whether to just flop all the way back on the bed, or sit up again. I want him knocked out. I want my dope. I place the palm of my hand on his face, and force his head onto the mattress. He tries to bite my hand, still laughing. I pull it away, and toss my pillow on his face, hoping that he'll take the hint, and stay down. C'mon man. Nite, nite, T-Bone. He lays there, buried under the pillow for a few moments, then pushes it off, but now just looks dazed and fucked up. I think I got him. Another minute or 2 and he'll be out. I turn back towards the TV, as to limit my interaction with him. I stay quiet. I still have no idea what show is on. My mind is only focused on my dope, and when I can get it into my veins. I turn back towards Tommy, after what seems to be a minute or maybe 5. He's passed out, and I know that I'm going to feel really good myself in just a bit. 

I get off the bed, and go into the bathroom to shoot up. I come back out feeling tranquil, calm, and ready to lie down. First, I want some more whiskey to further sedate me. The bottle seems heavy, so I pour some into a water glass. I get on the bed, switch the lamp off, lay back on my pillow, whiskey in hand, take a long sip, and close my eyes. I'm feeling sublime.

Tommy's POV - 

I must have passed out, but I'm suddenly jarred awake by an erotic dream. With my heart pounding, I sit up and look around to take in my surroundings to figure out where I am. I'm surprised to see the object of my affection from my dream lying in bed next to me, asleep. It's not the first time that I've had this dream. It excites me and sickens me at the same time. I can't quite figure it out. Or maybe it's something that I just can't admit to myself. 

This is the first time that I've woken up to this dream with Nikki actually next to me. My heart is still pounding rapidly as I contemplate the situation. Could I act on this? Should I? I'm really turned on right now. I can just as easily go into the bathroom and help myself, by jerking off to my wife's image. But see, there's been a lengthy history of sexual tension between me and Nikki. Never, ever spoken of, but just accepted. I'm fairly sure that Nikki knows it too. I don't know why or how or when it started....I think that it just being around each other a lot, in weird ways. Being in a band with others and especially being on the road for long periods of time, we experience so much together. We eat together, we travel together, we rehearse and practice, we play on the stage, we party together, we drink and do drugs. We do press and publicity together We've lived together, we pass out and fall to sleep together. Photo sessions, we're all intertwined in each other's limbs. And we've all fucked groupies in front one another at some point. I guess you get to know someone pretty well with all of that, although I don't have any of these same feelings for Mick or Vince. I don't know what it is about Nikki. We're just close, and I look up to him. He just seems like he was made to be a rock star. I see the women throw themselves at him. We all get the women, but Nikki's groupies are ultra dedicated to him. He gets asked about the most. They see something exceptional about him. I do too.