Chapter 3

Zayn noticed something strange about the blonde headed fellow. He seemed more cheerful and excited with every moment he spent alongside the tanned boy. It began to rub off on Zayn.

Niall looked nice today. Zayn stopped. What had he been thinking? Was he insane? Never before had the young tiger gave way to being interested in someone of the same gender. Things were off for Zayn.. it didn't feel wrong yet nor did it feel like a good thing. Sadly he never knew how to express his feelings since he was a shy, gentle boy.

What.... if I'm rejected? The question rang in his head over and over again. Niall could never like me.

Walking home by himself with these thoughts thrusting throughout him distracted by the concept all together.

-----------------

Niall ran on the sidewalk kicking his feet up jolly as anything. Chemotherapy went smoothly today- a rare event.

Walking quickly to visit Zayn his head bobbed back and forth, favorite blue raspberry slushie slushing against the medium foam cup kept in the palm of his hand.

A strong force of skin hit Niall, blowing him backwards. "Ah!!" He gasped falling onto the concrete.. or what he thought was concrete.

------------

Zayn hadn't noticed Niall walking in his direction but skin rubbed against skin in a wild unpredictable collision.

The words slipped from his lips. "It's ok...I gotcha." Zayn whispered with a soothing, creamy-centered voice. A sudden calming autumn breeze rustling in the wind between them. Only inches apart.

Time froze in a stance. The two souls felt like they could do anything in this moment.

---------

Niall opened his eyes, his stomach churned as the butterflies fluttered looking straight at the caramel surface surrounding Zayn's paralyzing pupils.

Zayn stared back at the penetrating waves of blue in Niall's eyes. They were in a way majestic, even...hypnotic.

Lifting the boy away from his face Zayn picked up the abandoned slushie trying to keep away from Niall. He had felt their heartbeats stir together at an exact pace, it took the breath right out of him as if Niall's existence in his arms made him longer needed oxygen.

Niall looked over to Zayn, cheeks glowing  burgundy. His skin, it was so warm.

Zayn brushed off the mess on his elbows. He was so cold. He turned to Niall. Nervousness in his voice. "I'm so sorry." Black hair shadowed over the chestnut eyes that sparkled to life before Niall.

"No no. I wasn't looking. Sorry about the mess." The blue orbs wandered to the slushied mess on the pavement.

A light chuckle  came from Zayn.

" What's so funny?!" Asked Niall.

" Nothing. Let's just go to my house."

___________________
How are you guys liking this book so far? What do ya think will happen at Zayn' s house?!