AWKWARD.

I can't believe that simply changed the world for me.

Yes, I admit, it did. I must state why. School had started and Nora and I went straight to class. We had sat down. And before the teacher even started speaking, I noticed Nora's brother. Did I mention his name? It's Nicholas, but everyone calls him Nick.

He looked nervous.

Did she show you? He asks, well, he talks in class by hand signals. I mean, its not like he can shout from one end of the room to another during class!

What? I know what he's talking about. I don't want anyone to know though.

Nevermind He frowns.

He looks away. Then he smirks and looks back.

yeah, really funny. Did she show you it? I roll my eyes, I'm really bad at lying.

I stick out my tongue Thats not fair.

Looking satisfied, he grins No, It's just my clever brain.

Big head I rolled my eyes.

The teacher looks at my face and wonders why I'm waving my hands in all strange positions. Yeah. That didn't give me a good signal. I knew to stop, but I guess my mind and reality were in 2 different worlds. Literally. The teacher, our substitute, slapped her hand on my desk and glared. That moment, I knew she was someone not to like. She looked like she wanted to slap me too many times until I fainted.

"Ms, I just want to say -"

"NOPE! I'M NOT HEARING ANYTHING FROM YOU! YOU WILL SIT IN YOUR SEAT, EXPLAINING ALL I SAID JUST THEN"

I was sitting there in fear! I mean, Mrs Gallywell, she's much nicer! I was frustrated and sat up, I cleared my throat, then in the perfect moment, I had a choke-attack and started wheezing.

I was sent to the office to the nurse and had a check in what was going on. Take that substitute-evil teacher. Ha.

I went to the nurse and she said that I was fine. Yeah, I must have faked it really well up to that point. What a spoil. I grin at her name tag. Pinx. She must be new, don't think I've met her before.

I scratched my head at her and told her that I just must have had an allergic reaction.

"But you're not allergic to anything?" She raised an eyebrow.

I grinned, darn it, she must have checked my school ID. The nurse rolled her eyes.

"Cher, I know you like to spend time out of class but you don't have to do this, you know." And she knows my name! Now I can feel some intelligent conversation here. How observant of her.

"I know Pinx, but It's not fair! I'm smarter than all the other students and teachers. I've finished all the assessments before they were introduced. And we keep learning all the same things!" I whine.

"Cherry Brown! Don't you speak like that! We all want you to have a good time! Not sit around outside of class doing nothing!" Pinx placed two of her fingers on the bridge of her nose.

I sighed. I hated school. Everyone loved me and all, but I never get the time to muck around with them. What's the point in learning if you don't equally get fun?

Pinx released me from the office and got a note to show I was ok. Darn you little foul loathsome-

Hold a minute. She wasn't that bad. Was she? At least she was similar enough to Nora. But no one can replace Nora! Never ever. 

I smiled and let my self drop off the bed.

"Well! Lunch!" I say, "Better get going!"

Pinx smiled and nodded, when all of a sudden a spark of light appeared and....

I disappeared, leaving Pinx distressed.