SELF ABSORBED. VERY.

"Lexi, Lexi, LEXI! GET DOWN HERE THIS SECOND!"

"Lexi Brown. A thirteen year old child with (in her opinion) bossy parents. Blonde straight hair, green eyes, pale skin, she was beautiful. And she is very, weird.

I mean, smart. She's also pretty mean sometimes. Forget weird.

Have you heard all the debates she's taken on at school? How unlucky if you didn't. She's won every single one of them- "

"LEXI BROWN! I SAID, GET DOWN HERE THIS SECOND! AND STOP NARRATING YOURSELF!"

I frowned. Couldn't mum call me while I was free? And while I was not narrating myself?

I walked down the stairs to see my mum's red, steaming face turn towards me.

"WHO TOLD YOU TO GO AND TAKE APART THE OVEN?"

I was, to admit, supremely surprised! Who would do such a thing?

Except...me.

"Mum, I must tell you in a way you would understand. I was trying to make the oven a better oven, a thing you would understand. For cooking is a simple act that we can't even properly do sometimes. Remember the lasagne?"

My mum groaned at that. Of course she remembered the lasagne. Our cook was making a chicken lasagne, but cooked for too short amount of time, mixed the wrong ingredients, and so on. It. Was. Disgusting. We fired our cook right away (cause it was her first day.) and got a new one. Also, our maid some times can't clean things and blah blah blah. That stuff. I made a better broom for her too. Did I mention my family was the second most richest people on earth? First came Jeff Bad (His son goes to my school). How annoying. I go to a boarding school and today, is the last day of summer break. Wow, that's a lot to talk about.

"Lexi," She said more gently, two fingers on her forehead and leaning on the kitchen table, "pack up everything right now, cause' you won't have time tomorrow."

I sighed. Packing was the worst.

"Mum, why don't we trade jobs? I do your letter to the people, whoever they are, and you do the packing?"

Mum groaned again, and pointed to my room with a stern look. I could easily tell that her face told me to go.

So I did.

And packing took the whole day, until dinner (or a little before). I did of course rest for lunch and all, but still! That was hella long! I mean, you, the reader, could change spots with me! I could read, you could pack. But of course, you might not know what to pack anyway, so..yeah.

Its hard! Even if you know what to pack.

Hold a minute...

Why am I talking about packing up? I don't really know honestly so...anyway.

I suddenly hear a car's brakes screeching. Nora! And who is Nora you may ask? She's my best friend. She's got blond hair, green eyes and today she must have been to the beach cause' her skin is a bit tanned. Or she just went to a tanning salon, which is unlikely.

"Nora!" I gasp, and smile

"Cherry!" She gasps, and smiles back

We both united in a hug. Every day of every year, we came together to meet each other. But that season, for the first time, we spent the whole break... apart. But that day, she came over for our.....I think.....1, 487th sleepover!. I haven't counted all of them.

"Cherry, my girl! I haven't seen you in what seemed like years!," she smiled like she never did before, "I can't wait to spend time together again! BTW, I have something for you and its big!"

I smile even wider

"Girl, even the queen of secrets can't get as much as you do!" I laugh.

We run into the private room, the room we spend together when we don't want our parents knowing what we were doing about. And they might be concerned about how much we think about chocolate.

"Okey Dokey. You first Nora." I said

"Fine," she smiled and rolled her eyes, " I've got a new... Wait..you guess"

"Apple Watch? MacBook Pro? iPad Pro?"

"Nope nope and It's all just too expensive."

"Then what? Tell me please!"

"Well......" She started to look a bit nervous.

I frowned, shifting into an awkward position.

"What is it?" I ask once more, this time softly.

"I don't know if I should show you because....I'm scared you'll tell. But at the same time, it glows the closer I walk to you." She says.

"What?!" I exclaim

"SHHHH!" She stops me.

Then she takes something out of her pocket.

I stare

My eyes widen

"...And I think it belongs to you..." She turns the object over.

And that was how it all started.