Chapter 4 || What am I?

Chapter 4

 Laylah's pov

The man stared at me expecting an answer…but I was dumbstruck. The spell was supposed to turn me into a demon, but from my knowledge. I am not a demon…I can feel the power and hate inside me but I can also feel the pureness of an angel.

“What are you?” The man said with irritation in his voice.

“I…I…don’t know” I said looking down to the ground. The man sighed and pinched the bridge of his noise.

“You are a demon?” I shook my head as I glared at him, “who dare you compare me to a demon? If anyone is a demon, it’s you!” I yelled. I could fire building up in my veins…ready to explode. I groaned in pain as I tried to contain myself from exploding into a rage.

The man kept his eyes glued on me with no expression at all. My eyes met his as he shook with disbelief…he stared directly into my eyes and then stood up. I tried to stop myself from jumping up and ripping his head off, but the way he is going…that’s going to happen very soon. He slowly walked over to the door, leaving me alone in his office. Two men came rushing, they weren’t tough but I assume they were some kind of doctor. They pulled me off the chair and onto a rolling bed…still handcuffed of cause.

I groaned as the fire in veins began to build up as they handcuffed me tighter to the bed. One man put a flashlight into my eyes…I hissed at the light and turned my head away, two forceful hands pushed my head back up and opened my eyes, making me stare into the light. The light was then taken away as my eyes began to sting from the pain. My eyes adjusted to the light and then I realized I had been put into a different room. The lady I had fooled was connecting wires into my arms and legs, she avoiding making eye contact with me. Once the wires were correctly placed, she left without making a sound. The wires began to push a cold liquid into my bloodstream…it didn’t hurt but it had a strange feeling to it. My eyes began to shutter close as I felt my spirit drifting away.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

The room became brighter as I re-opened my eyes…I slowly drifted up, avoiding gravity. I realized that I was no longer attached to my body, my spirit was now free. The door’s opened with the two doctors and cornel. They began speaking but it was faint; I could hear only few sentences.

“She was an angel…but her e-eyes turned dark just like a demons.” Cornel began, “I could see she was trying to hide it…but something wasn’t right.”

“She has the blood of an angel…pure and thick. But once you angered her she turned differently. Her blood levels began to shrink and her eyesight was weak, exactly like a demon.” The first doctor said.

Shock was the first thing that hit me…an angel that is a demon…no it can’t be.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

 I woke up screaming in fear…the doctors looked at me wide-eyed as I began to cry. I sobbed to myself as they stared at me in disbelief…

“The s-spell went w-wrong…t-the witches s-screwed up…” I sobbed to myself again.

Cornel leaned forward, towards me a questioning look. I sighed telling them what had happened in my past…They patiently waiting whilst I sobbed half way through the story.

“On the final year of the spell, I fought back…I didn’t want to be a monster. The first witch had fallen and the other soon went after her. They gave me my strength and pureness back as I continued to fight the strongest witch. She gave up but finished the spell…banishing me to earth. She never died…she is still alive, holding my angel life. I was born an angel…a spirit…demons are bound into human type forms. They can die like you but they are much stronger and healthier. They are able to survive many years without any harm. I am an angel bound in a demon form…my spirit is pure yet my blood is deadly and is capable of dangerous things. I can’t stop myself…I can’t control it.”

“Cornel, you were asking what I was? Well…I am a dark angel.”