Chapter 11 - No Reason

Linnea Lindberg

We were standing on the edge of the deck completely enjoying our last minutes in Venice before going back to Norway. I looked at the beautiful blue sky and let out a sigh.

Isaac's words kept repeating in my head like a broken CD.

He was right in a lot of ways. I looked down to the waters and see my own reflections on the waters.

"Should we go?" Isaac asked popping my bubble of thoughts. I nodded and followed him back to the car. I gave his jacket back when we're in the car.

"You okay?" He asked and I turned him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You've been.. silent throughout the ride."

"Just thinking." I said and I turned away from him. I leaned back to my seat and closed my eyes. I slowly fell asleep because I was so tired.

"Linnea.. Linnea.." Isaac tapped my arm and I opened my eyes. I turned to see I was leaning on his shoulder. I quickly got up and looked around to see that we're at the airport already.

We got out from the car and got into the airplane right away. Isaac sat down first and he pointed on the seat beside him but I wasn't in the mood to sit beside him. I took a seat 2 rows in front of him.

I was a little bit sad with his words earlier and still trying to figure out myself. I put on my seatbelt and looked out the window.

15 minutes after, the airplane took off. I was given a blanket by the airstewardess. I wrapped it around my body and tried to sleep again but I can't.

Should I give up the throne? Should I just.. postpone to take over the throne? Should I just go back to Sweden? Should I just marry Raphael?

There's a lot of thoughts inside my head right now that it made me have a headache. I felt someone was holding my hand and I turned to Isaac.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you with my words this morning." He apologized straight to the point.

"You were right, there's nothing wrong with your words." I said as I let out a small dry laugh.

"You will be a great Queen, one day. I believe that." He said and I looked at him.

"Impossible."

"It's not too late to start over." He said and I shook my head.

"It's impossible for me to be a great Queen." I said and Isaac held my hand tightly.

"Nothing is impossible, Linnea."

"We just met again after years of not seeing each other, you don't know me." I said and he nodded.

"It's true. Things that I said earlier this morning, was quite mean. I'm sorry, Linnea. Please don't take it too seriously. I was so distra-"

"You were right." I cut him.

"The reason that I picked Norway is because I want to see you." I said truthfully as I looked at him.

"Why? For what? Do you need my help?"

"I kinda.. miss you." I said and his was taken back for a second.

"You were my crush back then even though I still have no idea what crush means but I used to follow you around all the time." I said and he nodded.

"I'm looking for a second chance.. in Norway." I added as I turned to the window.

"I was hoping that you could be-" Before I could finish my sentence, Isaac kissed my lips. That caught me out of guard for a second but I kissed him back immediately.

"You were saying.." He smiled at me.

"I'm sorry that I was mean earlier, forgive me. Hmm?" He asked and I nodded.

"You have to pay me with a kiss everytime you make me sad." I said and he raised his eyebrows.

"You're saying that I will make you sad again?"

"Seems like it.." I said and I'm saying this because he's different. I know he will be the person who change my path and my negative thoughts all this time.

"I'll be your second chance.. I'll try." He said as he caressed my cheek.

"I know you will." I can't believe he's changing his mind now. I guess my seducing worked? Or.. I don't care about it anymore.

"You're the best, Isaac." I said as I linked my arm to his. I held his hand tightly and smiled. I like Isaac, I like him already. He will be the one who bring me to light, bring me out from my darkest moment and maybe will be the one who fully fix me.

"You're going to be here in 6 months?" He asked.

"Yeah, I promised my parents to go back to Sweden after 6 months. I will prepare myself to rule." I said.

"Okay."

Isaac Calland

Just 6 months.. only for 6 months.

I will enjoy my time with her when she's here then after that I'll let her go. As long as she's in Norway, she belongs to me but when she goes back to Sweden.. I'll let her go.

Something about her that pulling me so strongly. I'm tired trying to deny it because she's a player and not the type of woman that I would date. I'm giving this a chance because I bet it won't last long between us.

She will move to another man's arms and I won't be able to deal with her sooner or later. Besides she will rule Sweden and there's no way I will be with her. I won't leave my company and stupidly be with her.

Whatever I'm feeling right now.. I have to let it out from my chest or else I will go crazy. Besides.. I bet I won't like for long. My feelings will change in 2-3 months and then I will break it off between us.

She's not my type, she's a player and she's a Princess of Sweden too.

I have no reason to stay long with her.