Chapter One - 'It has to be you, Hermione.'

'Granger, move over!' demanded Draco as he slid into the chair next to her. He looked pointedly at the sheets of parchment which were scattered over the small desk. Hermione didn't notice his stare as she played with a beautiful ring on her finger, 'Granger, I can't believe you are the one that is tutoring me! What is that git Dumbledore playing at?!'

'Dumbledore has got me tutoring other people too, Malfoy. It's not just you who gets the special treatment,' Hermione lied straight to his - she was getting better at it too, she noticed. Hermione waved her wand swiftly and the parchments gathered in a pile in front of her so that Draco had space for his own work that he had with him... the lack of work, Hermione thought as she watched him take out the notes he had done in class today. Draco had only a parchment full of notes while Hermione had five parchment. She shrugged this off, 'I think we should start off with that Potions assignment that Snape set us.'

'Oh, please!' Draco snorted, leaning back in his chair with his quill in his hands. Hermione closed her eyes and tried to remain calm at his arrogance, it was a hard thing to do too, 'I can do that assignment better in an hour than you can in a day.'

'I'm trying to help you, Malfoy,' Hermione said, turning to watch him as his eyes darted to the clock like he did every time they were here. Anger sped through her and she sighed, 'whoever you're so anxious to meet can wait until we are done studying, Malfoy!'

'I'm not anxious to meet anyone. Although, I am pretty anxious to get away from you, mudblood,' Draco sneered and the four legs of the chair hit the ground with a thud that made Hermione's heart flip and he glared at her, 'I'm sure Weasley won't be anxious to meet you.'

'I thi-think we should d-do-' Hermione muttered, ignoring his harmful jibes, and she started to sort through the parchment to find some other piece of work they could study. Draco, however, knew how much he was getting to her and he planned on getting her to snap.

'I saw him the other day, you know. He was on the fourth floor with that hot brunette, you know the one that won't let go of him or his lips? She could give Pansy a run for her money, the little... anyway, what's her name? You know it, don't you, Granger? Of course you do, you’ve probably researched everything about her. Come on then, tell me her name. Something to do with a flower... you do know who I'm talking about, don't you?' Draco was not tiring from his make-Hermione-so-jealous-so-that-she-snaps game. 

He shifted his body a little towards her so that he could see her clearly. Every raw emotion that passed through her face, changing every second until finally she snapped. Hermione stood up suddenly, pushing her chair backwards so it hit the wall of books behind her and a few toppled to the ground helplessly. She slammed the textbook shut and gathered her papers. Draco had never seen her look so careless and angry as she swiped all her books, parchments and quills into her bag. Usually she was so careful with her books.

'Oh, Granger. Love hurts doesn't it?' Draco said, smirking as he got to his feet, leaving everything behind, and started to follow her down the cold and dark library. Hermione ignored him and Draco chuckled slightly but he soon stopped short when he saw that she was crying. Draco grabbed her arms, spun her around and kept a tight hold on her. Hermione tried to glare at him but he rolled his eyes, 'I'm not letting you leave if you don't stop crying! People will think that I... took advantage of you or something. Of course, they know that I would never do anything with a mudblood... especially one that is as ugly as-’

'You're a real git, Malfoy!' Hermione shouted and if anyone else had been in the library at that time, Draco would have threatened her with his wand if she didn't stop shouting. Luckily, it was an hour before curfew and nobody - except Hermione, presumed Draco - came to the library at this time. So he let her shout, 'haven't you ever loved a girl who got together with another person?! Have you never had your heart broken?'