three

as nice as franky's was, the people weren't. going in, the lights were dim and the smell was strong of beer and slight sweat. i walked in alone as people laughed and talked with others and i felt uncomfortable and slightly as though everyone was watching me except not in that glorious kind you see in a cinderella story or something.

ashton and his band weren't on, and the space near the playing area was fairly packed already. i managed to somehow squeeze my body between a few people, turning to order a glass of water.

people started setting up onstage, and i adverted my attention back onstage. they were right in front, and i noticed ashton starting to figure himself out behind the drum set.

"hey guys, we're five seconds of summer. we're gonna play a few songs for you tonight." someone introduced the band, standing in the front with a guitar slung around his shoulders. people began cheering, and i clapped along awkwardly. i was never good in concert crowds, and that's what this reminded me of.

in sync the boys began playing, and i found myself tapping the side of my glass.

the lead singer, the boy who talked before, had a really nice voice. it reminded me of a voice i would sell at the shop. overall, ashton's band was amazing.

they got through a handful of songs, all covers, before announcing their last song. "uh, this is one we all wrote together. it's called try hard!" ashton said into the small microphone attached to his drum set. "rock out with us franky's!"

everyone again cheered, and i smiled up at the stage. ashton hasn't yet noticed me, despite my presence almost right in front of the stage.

their last song was played and i was yet amazed by their abilities to not only sing and play, but compose music as well.

at the end, everyone clapped, a few people standing up to show their appreciation further. together the band thanked us, before exiting stage in a very pumped up manor.

you did great up there! your band is pretty great, i'll admit. saw you front and center. by the way, band members are cute. but not as cute as the drummer ;)

quickly ashton texted back, just as i finished the rest of my drink.

thank you! and i guess i'd have to agree. luke has nothing on me. i'll be out in a sec

i ordered a second water, swivelling my chair around to face the stage again.

someone took the seat unoccupied beside me, and i took that as my cue to scoot a little father. it wasn't ashton, or any of his bandmates, so i didn't want to get involved.

"hey," he started "are you here with anyone?"

i hated when men chatted with you over awkward drinks. i didn't feel safe, or comfortable, or okay with what was going on, so i just nodded.

he kept looking in my direction, as i finished the rest of my water. i checked my phone, and as i looked up, ashton was beside me. "hey you!" i said, awkwardly moving out of my seat to hug him. "you did really amazing up there! your band is really good."

"thank you! i'm glad you like us. i'm also really glad you showed up." he admitted with a small smile. "do you wanna go back with the boys and i? we have a shared apartment that doesn't smell like rotten food anymore!" his voice pitched, and i laughed.

"in that case," i thought, why not, we know each other well enough, for goodness sake i showed up at one of his gigs. "why the hell not. only if you show me your bracelet collection. and album collection."

"you got a deal."

--------

dedicated 2 ivy since she rly wanted me to update
i updated 2!!!!!

theyre both bad but it's something

pce luv thnx for reading idk how u read this it's so bad

ILY
!!!

-kyleigh