At Sword's Point Ch. 13

Luke's POV:

Holy shit, did I sleep that long?

I woke up and saw the evening sun in the background outside my window. Shit, I didn't mean to sleep that long.

I headed towards the table and looked at the map. Suddenly, I had a bunch of ideas for traps. We can cut the wood to make spears out of them. We can rig a path with tripwires on the doors, and the spears can slam right into those assholes.

I heard a commotion going on outside the room and smiled at the sound of them working instead of them not doing their jobs. Clem's right. I needed that.

I stretched out one more time and reached for the front door. The second I opened it, I saw Clementine looking at me with a sad yet scared expression on her face. I frowned at her, wanting to know what was going on. And the next words she spoke were ones I did not want to hear.

"They're here," she gulped.

Oh, shit.

-

I walked over to one of the windows on the second floor. In the room with me are Henry, Clementine, Violet, Omid, and Nick.

"What do we got?" I asked them.

"What do we got?" Henry asked in disbelief. "Boy, it's an army out there." Everyone else arrived shortly after that.

"What's the plan?" Brody asked nervously.

I looked outside and spotted a man with a green jacket and spiked up black hair that was graying walk up in front of his people.

"I'm looking for the man in charge here!" He shouted. "Show yourself now, or we'll tear this place apart!"

"Shit," I cursed under my breath.

"They're gonna start shooting in a minute," Kenny said.

"No shit," I said. "Alright, here's the plan: I'm going on the balcony and talk to this guy. I want everyone to get the guns and be ready for anything. Post up by the windows and keep an eye out. Do NOT open fire unless I say so. Everyone clear?"

Everyone nodded except for Henry.

"We're not going to kill them, are we?" Henry asked me.

"We'll see, Henry," I answered and left the room. I hope not.

I made it to the room with the balcony. Nick and Omid are behind me, and both have their hunting rifles ready and listened to my directions.

"You two cover the windows, but don't let them see you," I ordered. They both nodded and took their positions. Nick was to my left, and Omid was to my right. I put my hands on the door handles leading outside as I took a big breath in and out. Let's do this.

I pushed the door handles open, and I saw tons of people with guns outside on the ground. How many are there? Fifty? A hundred?

I tried my best not to look scared; instead, I diverted my attention to the man in front of them.

"Are you the leader?" He asked me.

"Yeah," I shouted. "Are you Harvey?"

"No," he snorted. "I can never be Harvey. I'm Randall, one of his lieutenants. What's your name?"

"Luke," I answered. "Where's Harvey? Does he not want to show himself?"

"He wants to meet all of you at once," Randall replied. "Which brings me to this: Harvey has a one-time offer for you. Surrender now, and no one will be harmed. You have our word for it. ALL of our word for it."