Training Wheels

Pairing: Eddie Kaspbrak x Fem! Reader
Disclaimer: Cursing, otherwise pure fluff
Words: 993

  ---

   Y/n L/n was a cute girl. She had a small group of strange friends who always stuck by her side. Eddie, Richie, Stan, Bill, Mike, Ben, and Beverly, those were their names. Y/n had been through a lot with her friends. From the harsh bullies in middle school to defeating some evil clown, but after age 13 Y/n's life became easier. However there was still some things that challenged the young girl, like riding a bike.

  Even Y/n's crush, Eddie, the germaphobe and hypochondriac of the group learned how to ride a bike before her.

    It wasn't the fact that Y/n was too scared, because she wasn't, but the fact that Y/n didn't feel the need to. She always said, "Why should I bike, Eds? I have you." Sadly, since Y/n started to go through puberty, it became uncomfortable to have her chest pressed against his back all the time.

  So Y/n, the 15-year-old girl who didn't know how to ride a bike, thought that she could learn. It couldn't be that hard.

---

  It was the beginning of summer in 1991. Though, the summer hadn't gone off on a good start...

   It had been hours. I was tired, bored, and hot. Eddie stood behind me pushing my bike in the hot sun as I sat on the bike exhausted as hell. "Edddddddddddie," I groan dragging out the -d. "Can we finish tomorrow."

  Eddie stopped my bike, and looked at me seriously. "No, we're going to the quarry."

  "I can't just ride on the back of your bike?" I ask.

  Eddie stopped the bike and vigorously shook his head no.

  I groan, before the brunette boy starts pushing my bike again. It was very uncomfortable to have boobs jammed into someone's back, but I was completely drained of energy. We had been trying since 9 a.m and it was now 3. I had only succeeded with riding on my own a few times, and each time only for a few seconds.

  "Let's just try one more time. Please, Y/n."
Eddie says, pushing me even faster.

"Fine." I start pedaling as Eddie continues to push faster. I smile as the breeze starts hitting my face.

   I felt free, too free. I turn behind me for a quick moment to see Eddie behind me, without his hands on the bike.

  "Holy shit! HOLY SHIT! I'm doing it Eddie!I'M DOING IT EDS!" I scream as I ride quickly down my street.

  "YEAH YOU ARE! GOOO Y/N!" He shouts, sounding just as proud as I am.

  I continue riding until Eddie shouts at me again. "Okay! Put your feet out to stop!"

  I ignore Eddie and stay balanced on the bike pedaling fastly. "Hell no! I'm going down this hill."

   My house was on the top of a hill, and it would be totally fun to ride down that hill, so I was going to.

  "NO! Y/n you'll-" Eddie was cut off by my loud squeals of joy and the sound of wheels rolling, then a loud crash followed.

  "Y/N! Y/n are you okay?" Eddie called out before running down the hill to see me laid on the hard concrete ground. My stomach was facing the sky and my knee hurt like hell.

  Eddie jogged towards me and hovered me. "Are you fucking dumb? You could've gotten a concus- your leg..." Eddie trailed off.

  I look down towards my knee. It looked like someone spread strawberry jam all over my knee. "HOLY SHIT MY LEG!" I shout.

  "I've got to fix you up." Eddie says pulling mr up and dragging us towards my house. I opened the door and limped towards the kitchen with Eddie.

   I push myself up onto a counter and Eddie speed walks through my house. "Where the fuck are your band-aids?"

  I shrug, then realize the boy can't see me. "I don't know, maybe they're in the bathroom." I hear the feet shuffling and cabinets opening, then Eddie walks back into the room with a small white box in hand.

  He examine and cleans the wound. Then slowly presses a large band aid on my leg. "Thanks Edster!"

   Eddie smiles and chuckles at the nickname, than becomes more serious. "You're lucky I'm here. It could've got infected and you would've die."

   I smile at the boy dreamily. He was such a weirdo.

He looks up at me completely confused. "What?"

  "You're just so cute!" I shout and pinch his cheeks. I thought I was done talking, but my big, fat mouth decided to keep going. "I think I like you Eddie."

   Eddie's cheeks turn a light shade of pink.
"Y/n, I-"

  "God, Eddie! I'm not asking to be your wife." I awkwardly laugh, trying to make the situations less stressful.

  Eddie awkwardly laughs too, We stare into each other's eyes for a few moments. It felt like time slowed down. I grab the collar of Eddie's shirt and pull him closer to me.

  Eddie gasped. "I-"

  "Just shut up and kiss me Kaspbrak." I smile pulling the small boy even closer to me and kissing him. It was a quick peck, but fireworks went off in my head and my heart did backflips.

  Eddie pulled away and smile up to me. "What I was trying to say before was, I like you too,  Y/n."

   I jump off the counter and hug Eds tightly. Eddie melts into the hug, but we break apart after a few seconds. "You're pretty and all, but could you get off of me. I want to go home and brush my teeth."

   I let go of him and nod. The brunette breathes in his inhaler then runs out the door while shouting at me. "I'll be right back!"

  "You're such a weirdo, Eddie!" He was my weirdo.