27.

The fire was bright and blazing. Children sat in a circle, surrounding the fire, holding out their hands to it to keep them warm.

The camp counsellor watched from a distance.

This camp is such a bore. Oh well... it's up to me to get something fun out of it.

A young boy sat shyly away from the others. He kept peeking at one of the girl campers, who was busy reading a book.

The counsellor smiled.

There you are.

______________________________________

Before the chidren went back inside their tents, the counseller led her prey away from the group. Soon, they both stood at a clearing the woods and she went and sat down on the bare ground.

The boy watched silently and she made herself comfortable who was unaware of how quiet it suddenly became. She looked up at the boy and beckoned him to come closer to her.

As the boy inched towards her, he focused on her wide smile. Something behind her head caught his eyes and he blinked. She had wings.

He opened his mouth and yelled-
"NOW!"

______________________________________

The counsellor woke up and found herself tied on the ground by a rope. Her wings were out and they ached under the bonds and her mouth felt stretched.

She looked up and saw blurry figures huddled around her.

Shit. The kids cannot see me like this. The rats would tell their parents and that's the end of me!

She blinked her eyes and tried to focus on the children standing in front her.

Wait... they look different...

The figures surrounding her wore the standard camper's uniform but they weren't children. They looked more like... disfigured creatures. And they were watching her every move.

Shit...

She thought she had her prey. But she didn't. She was the prey.