14.

I was waiting for her on a bright sunny day. The café was full so I sat outside, listening to the songs. I wasn't paying attention when she approached, but she was dressed quite nice for hot weather.

As my date sat down, the waitress approached with drinks on her tray. Odd, I didn't order yet. I thought.

'It's on the house, Sir. Today, happens to be the café anniversary so complimentary drinks for all customers."

I smiled at the waitress as she placed the drinks on our table.
Sipping my drink, my gaze went back to my date. She hasn't said anything so far but she was quite nice to look at. She was studying her drink, as if contemplating something.

The drink didn't taste well. I mean it was fine before, but after a few sips it started to taste almost.. irony.

I looked at my drink, which looked as normal as a drink could look.

I heard someone gasp. I looked up to find my date's eyes alert and terrified as she stared at me.

"YOU'RE BLEEDING!"
"What? No, I'm not."

She threw napkins on my mouth, and as they fell, it was quite hard to miss the red blossoms staining the white.

My throat closed up.. I couldn't breathe.. I.. can't-

I coughed up blood and she screamed, alerting the waiters.

A crowd was gathering, but my eyes slowly focused on the figures standing on the either side of my body.

The waitress and my date stood close to me, grinning as their plan worked.