8

A/N: Welcome back! I've got a couple of things to get to before we get started so I can make sure the questions that have been asked lately get answered. For those of you who are asking how old these guys are now, the four oldest are all nine years old, the twins only barely as of this chapter, and the baby of the family is six. I wouldn't place so much importance on it at this point in the story though. The older four are just about grown so they won't be changing too much from now on. Remembers the little formula? They all look about twice their actual age. However, they all grow at different rates. The more vampire they've got in them, the faster they grow. So basically you can add a year to this "twice their age" rule for Swan and Asa, and subtract one for the twins.

Renesmee 

I'd always thought that when my kids started school, I'd be attending with them. But that wouldn't have made much sense here.

To the outside world, and in private, I was Jacob's wife. Since Swan and Asa looked more like me, they'd act as my younger brother and sister. Everybody else looked like Jacob's side of the family, so we decided they could be some distant cousins, from his Mom's side. That side of his family had been very small to begin with, and there weren't any of them around on the rez anymore to disagree with our claim.

We'd be their "legal guardians" in what probably looked like an odd blended family. As far as people who saw us around but didn't know us, we'd just let them assume what they wanted. That was all we could do. The kids all knew that they shouldn't call us Mom and Dad in public. They had to use our names, which they all found hilarious.

We can't be totally in control, which is what made things a little scary sometimes, but Aunt Alice was looking out for us. In the two years we'd been here, so far, so good. If anybody knew who, or what we were, they were keeping quiet about it.

My twinnies had changed the most since we left Alaska, that was for sure. They looked about seventeen now, or maybe a small eighteen, it's hard to tell. They both wore their hair in easy to manage long bob hairstyles that came just above their shoulders and were such lovely young ladies. While at home, they did a lot of things outdoors together. Besides that, Mollie and Seth were as close as ever.

Swan was the social butterfly of the rez, sometimes I felt like I hardly saw her anymore. But she was young, she should take the time to enjoy it. I was a little surprised that none of the boys had asked her out yet. I figured they might be a little intimidated. She had quite a presence.

Anthony loved having his drivers license, and was spending plenty of wolf quality time, doing whatever it is they do. I trusted him, so I usually just let him do as he liked.

As for the baby of the family, he was the only one who wasn't quite ready for school yet. He looked like he was barely a teenager, so he still had some growing to do. Chances were, he was going to do it pretty quickly. He grew even faster then Swan, so he'd be ready for school in a year or two.

They already knew most of the kids around here. They told everyone they didn't go to the school on the rez yet, because they were being homeschooled. At this age, they had a good understanding of the fact that if we wanted to live among humans, a few fibs would have to be told. It was partially true, they had been homeschooled before. But I'd let them take a break from their studies, and finish growing, since we moved here. Those four could have easily entered school as twelfth graders, and been able to keep up.

The night before the first day of school, I double-checked that they had everything they needed. I knew they did, but it made me feel better. They were excited. Their excitement was infectious, and I eventually caught it. I was so glad for them that they no longer had to stay hidden like in Alaska. I remembered what it was like when you didn't exist to the outside world. They could be normal teenagers here, just what I'd always wanted for them.