Chapter Eight: Its Not What Its Cracked Up to Be.

Tears silently filled my eyes as I reached the waterfall . So this was what Alpha means , huh? Throwing my best friends out of their homes. God , I thought shaking my head , hair falling over my face. Luckily I was smart enough to pick up some clothes in the shed by the house . I willed my eyes to shine silver into the water fall seeing who the moon goddess made me to be. My face twisted into a disgusted response.
"It's not what it's cracked up to be, huh?" I was surprised to see Pae .
"Being an Alpha , no , it's not."
"That doesn't mean you aren't right for the job...."
"Who am I kidding ? Definitely not Haley . And look what happened."
"Neshoba , Haley is a two faced bitch. Who is just jealous that you are a better person with better morals and have better fiends because you are a better person !"
"I growled at Callum . "
"Sweetie you growl at everyone , it was bound to happen." Pae said , with slight laughter in my voice.
I brushed my bangs from my face , tucking them behind my ear.
"How long have we been friends ? "
" Years." I groaned .
"And when have I ever doubted you? "
"Never."
"And when have you doubted yourself?"
"A lot ."
"Then do yourself a favor and start believing in yourself , Nesh. "
"You say that like it's the easiest thing in the world."
"I know it's not easy for you Nesh, but you gotta try. If you don't believe in yourself ,how can the pack. If you don't do it for yourself do it for the pack."
Pae left walking who knows where . My ears pricked, twigs and leaves crunching under foot, telling me that someone was walking towards me.
"I don't really want to talk anymore right now Pae."
"Hey."
"Oh , hey."
Callums woodsy scent engulfed me as he sat beside me. We sat In silence for a while before a said quite awkwardly .
"You know I actually finished my high school education on line a while ago ."
"What do you know , I did too. "
"Really ? Then why do you still go to school?"
"I could ask you the same question. I was going to this school to tell them I am finished and do not need to be considered truent , then I met you . And I didn't really want to leave you.... So why are you still in school?"
"My pack. The teachers know I'm already enrolled in College , and I work on it inside classes ,so they don't really care what I do as long as I don't growl at everyone."
"Your perfect you know that." He whispered . I blushed . Hard , I hated it when people said that to me.
He snaked his hand up to my cheek , cradling it ever so gently . He began closing the gap between us. His breath warming my nose.
"You did what you had to do . You know that right ." He whispered huskily .
I stood there shell shocked He waited for my response, resting his forehead on mine. Instinct took over , I wrapped my arms around his neck . I smiled staring into those magnificent eyes of his. He leaned in even closer tugging my lips into his. I let my eyes close as I let him dominate the kiss . With the Stars over head , and my mate right here , nothing could be better. I felt high, not that I've ever been high....
His calloused hands held my face tilting it up to his taking my breath away every second we sat there. I looked at the moon above seeming to shine , pinpointing on us. The stars winking down at our faces. I sucked in the chilled night air , looking back at his green eyes , pushing his dark hair away from his face .
"I Neshoba Emeralds accept you, Callum Ruines as my mate. Forever and always ." I smiled . And he threw himself and his passion back into the kiss.
His kiss deepened , " Took you long enough ."
He leaned his forehead back on mine . He laughed .
"Your scrunching your nose again ."
I laughed lightly with him. He pressed his smile against mine.
"God I love you ." he whispered.
"I love you too."
"Then marry me ."
"What?"
He moved back , kneeling on one knee . Grabbing a little half moon vine from the forest floor .
"Marry me Neshoba Emeralds. " After that everything happened as if it was in slow motion , and extrordinarily fast, all at once.
I stood there once again shell shocked for the thousandths time that night.
Ripped skin,muscle, and tissue , molding into that of a wolfs was all that was left of the silent , starry night.

Callum
"She left me....." My voice a whisp on the wind. And my heart fractured the slightest bit. A single tear strolled down my cheek .

Authors note :
Hope you guys liked it. Comment , vote, you know the drill. Oh and yeah the pics are from the internet.