Chapter II

The next morning as I head out for the morning I notice a figure bending over to pick up a gem. Not many people come down here, I wonder who it could be. I hesitantly walk over to the figure. "Hello?"

They turn around and it ends up being the farmer who lives over on their grandfathers farm. "Oh hello, are you down here to mine too?" They stuff the gem into their pocket.

"Oh, no actually I live down here." I point over to the direction of my door and the farmer turns over to look. I feel awkward.

"Woah really, thats pretty cool, I never knew!" They smile as they grab my hand to shake it. "Nice to meet ya, whats your name?"

My face turns a shade of pink, im not used to people talking to me. "U-Uh, its Jade." We stop shaking hands and our arms drop to our sides.

"Wow, what a fitting name." They chuckle a bit. "You can just call me MC. So Jade, how come I havent seen you around before, ive lived here for quite awhile now and I thought I met everyone here."

"Well, that's probably because I dont leave the caves too often, im not very good with people, most think im odd anyways." I scratch my head and turn to look at the ground.

"Well why would people find you odd, I myself find you pretty cool." They put their hand on my shoulder. "If anyone here gives you troubles just let me know, ill take care of it."

"Oh my, you dont gotta do that for me." I get embarrassed. "Ill be alright."

"No really, its okay, everyone deserves to be happy." They smile and give a thumbs up. "Say, would you like to come visit my farm for a bit?"

"R-Really, well uh, sure." Wow no one in this town has invited me over before besides Linus. "H-Hey, if im gonna see your farm, why dont I show you my room." I grab their wrist and lead them over and once I open the door Pebbles comes jumping over to see me.

"Hey watch out!" MC grabs me and pushes me behind them then takes out their sword.

"Wait no!" I jump in front of them. "Hes my pet, please dont harm him!" Pebbles  nudges against my leg.

"Woah really, wow im really sorry then." They put their sword away and crouch down. "Hey buddy, im glad youre not dangerous."

"His names Pebbles, one day I was fighting slimes and got a slime egg then hatched it and he came out, harmless, so I kept him as a pet." I pick him up and gently hug him.

"Well hes pretty cute, again sorry about that, im not used to friendly slimes." They scratch their head and turn away embarrassed.

"Its alright, I shoudlve warned you from the start, but um, heres my room, its not very big or anything, but its nice and cozy." I gesture my hand around.

"I find it very nice, thanks for showing me." They smile. "Now, would you like to see the farm?"

"Of course." I smile and we head up the latter to go see the farm.