A Deep Remorse

Jocelyn woke up with a start. 2 AM the clock on her bedside read. She could hear Luke breathing beside her. Why did I send Clary away she thought. Where is she? With Jace no doubt. How are they going to provide for themselves? Maybe she had made the wrong decision kicking the two out.
No. There was no other way. They have to learn from their mistakes.

Almost as if her inner turmoil had affected him, Luke woke with a start. "Jocelyn? Are you ok?"

She looked at him with tears in her eyes. "I'm not sure"

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm not sure."

Luke sighed, "Well whenever you are ready, you know where i'll be. Ok?"

"Ok." she replied halfheartedly.

Luke kissed her forehead before laying down and gently drifting to sleep. After 20 minutes of sitting with her thoughts, Jocelyn made her way to the kitchen, passing Clary's room on the way. She paused, staring at it's empty walls that used to be filled with drawings. Clary had taken all her belongings when she left. Leaving only an empty bed and dressers behind. It hurt Jocelyn to look in her former room but it was all she had left of her only daughter, practically only child.

Unless, Jocelyn rushed down the hall to the living area. Checking under the cabinet, she saw that it was still there. She reached her hand down and pulled out an old photo. One of her and Clary before she found out about the shadow world.

In the picture, the two were sitting on a park bench in Central Park, near the boathouse. She stared at Clary's face memorizing every feature, trying to picture her daughter in her mind. She missed Clary to no end.

Slowly, she began to take in the background of the picture. The lake shining a brilliant blue. Only one boat was out that day. And sitting on it, a boy with golden hair rowing across the lake.

Jocelyn sighed putting the picture back in it's rightful place on the mantle. Clary may have left but she'll never leave Jocelyn's heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well this is awkward...

I guess it feels like I'm always saying sorry for not writing.

I'm gonna write 3 more chapters today since I have no hw. So get ready!!

I responded to most of my comments today. Sorry if I missed some. But thanks for all the positive feedback!!

Love you guys sooooooo much!!

Thanks,
Melanie