Chapter Two

Chapter Two

 It had been a whole week since she had moved into the quiet town of Belmont Bay. The whole duration had been spent with long worried calls from her mother and lengthy shifts at the Grill. In the span of seven days her body had nearly grown accustomed to the cool weather. She had picked up a few parkas at one of the local shops as well as a few flannels and boots. It was almost a sad moment for her when she had to clean out her closet, packing up all of her designer dresses and sandals.

As well as growing comfortable with her surroundings, she had (surprisingly) made good company in some of the towns residents. Aside from Xiao her new found best friend, she had met Ben the owner of the small diner in the heart of town. Ben was a young lad in his early thirties. He had grown up in Belmont Bay and after his parents passing he inherited the small joint. Mia had also met Susan, an old widow who spent her mornings at the Grill, knitting.

Susan filled Mia's early shifts with exciting stories about her life as a young adult. Susan rambled on and on about her days as a radical feminist, burning bras in streets, peaceful protests that would eventually get violent. I was a looker too, a beautiful blue eyed blonde that broke men's hearts left and right, she'd always tell Mia. But Mia would only laugh and shake her head, she honestly didn't believe she would make it through the gruesome morning shifts without the older woman's imagination.

Though Mia was enjoying her new life, and the people in it, there was one person she did not understand, Roman. She had learned his name from Xiao unfortunately that's all she had learned about him, no one seemed to want to talk about the phantom. The whole situation reminded her of Harry Potter actually, "He who must not be named". Mia dropped it after a few days though, she had deemed any further investigation useless on the blue eyed stranger.

        "Hello, earth to Mia!" Xiao giggled from the small stool next to her.

The two girls, along with Ben, were currently at his diner muchin' on the leftover pumpkin pie that hadn't been purchased.

        Mia flinched, bringing herself back to reality, "I-I'm sorry. I did it again." she chuckled.

        "Yup. What's up with the spacing? You got some disease?" Ben asked, placing his fourth piece of pie on his plate.

        "No, but you will get one for eating so much sweets. You may of heard of it, diabetes." she laughed sliding the plate of pie away from the male.