Chapter 29

Prom has finally arrived. Nicole and I scheduled our appointments to get our hair and nails done at the same time. I was starting to get anxious and nervous of how the night would pan out.

"I don't know about being the third wheel with you and Aiden."  Nicole spills

"What the heck Nicole? You are the one that told me to say yes to begin with." I said annoyed by Nicole's remark.

"I know that. I am just saying you all better not be in la la land and leave me hanging high and dry." Nicole pouts

"You do remember that this is for the article I am writing right? I have to worry about taking pictures as well , so no Nicole I won't leave you high and dry." I say in a sassy tone.

"Good because my best friend already has a better love life than I do. No way in hell is she going to leave me hanging at prom." Nicole rambles on as I roll my eyes.

After hours of getting ready, Nicole and I were finally dressed and ready to go. I watched Aiden out my window as he walked down to my house. Aiden looked more nervous than I thought was possible. He was in a black tux wearing a cream colored vest with his hair brushed to the side. He is very handsome and will make this experience a whole lot better.

Nicole teases me.

"Maybe you should take a picture of your boyfriend. Aiden definitely looks like someone that belongs in a magazine."  Nicole suggests and I couldn't agree more.

I grab my phone and the camera Matt is lending me for the article and started out the door.

"Woah Danielle, you look beautiful." I said meaning every word. I wanted to take a picture and keep it forever to remind me how happy and perfect she looked in that exact moment.

"Thanks Aiden, you don't look too shabby yourself." Danielle blushes

I knew Danielle was impressed with how I managed to look professional tonight. I could tell earlier when she watched me from her window practically drooling. I don't mind, I actually enjoy seeing the effect I have on her without her knowing.

I opened the back seat for Nicole before coming around the front of the car to open the passenger side for Danielle. You know being the gentleman I am. Danielle and Nicole talked to each other about how excited they were about the evening and I just held onto Danielle's hand as I drove.

The prom theme was "Night in Paris" and the decorations did not disappoint. Danielle seemed to be amazed as well as she couldn't stop taking pictures of everything. I enjoyed seeing this side of her, she was completely breathtaking. Danielle looked up at me and smiles. Damn this girl knows exactly how to hit me in the feels. I smile back and reach for her to dance with me and Danielle respectfully accepts.

I follow Aiden to the dance floor. I have imagined what prom would be like growing up but this beats my expectations by a lot. Aiden was so handsome and I wonder how did I get so lucky. My hand in his we  both approach the middle of the dance floor. Aiden put one hand on my waste and the other on my bare back. I instantly get goosebumps to his touch.  As we danced all I could think of was the future that I want and that I want Aiden to be right there with me. 

After a few slow songs Aiden kissed my wrist and let me step away to get back to taking pictures. Everyone looked like they were having a good time. I make my way to the punch bowl to get a drink and I see Stephanie standing alone. I try to turn away before making eye contact but it was too late. Be calm Danielle, Stephanie can sense fear and you have nothing to be scared of.

"Well if it isn't Daydreaming DanIelle at prom." Stephanie said as if there was an audience.

"What do you want Stephanie." I say not sounding amused.

"I hear you and Aiden are back together and hotter than ever." Stephanie replies with attitude.

I don't know where she is going with this but it wasn't good. "That's not any of your business." I said through my teeth.

"How does it feel to have the sloppy seconds of a man I have been with?" She giggles that fake laugh that makes me want to punch her In the face.

"Oh you don't know?" Stephanie changes her tone acting concerned. "Aiden and I had sex." She informs me

Bile begins to float up to my mouth but I attempt to stay calm. Not here Danielle.

Stephanie continues  "Don't get me wrong, Aiden is great in bed Danielle. I am just sorry that he came running back to you after begging me for a relationship. I obviously turned him down." She pouts.

What? That's not what Aiden told me. He wouldn't lie to me.

"Why do you have to be such a bitch? I ask as I stand my ground.

Horror spreads across her face but I wasn't done yet. This was a long time coming and I wasn't going to stop.

"I am fed up with your bullshit. I have tried to be nice to you and you made it your life mission to ruin mine. No one wants you here so why don't you get the hell out!"  I yell.

Applause was filling the room around me. I have no idea when everyone showed up for the show. Stephanie stomped her foot and turned around walking in the other direction.

"Danielle, that was amazing." Aiden pulls me closer to where our bodies are practically touching. " I was about to step in but then I heard Stephanie mention the night of her birthday party. I froze like a coward, I didn't know how you were going to react. I was afraid you wouldn't believe me." Aiden admits

I bring his face to mine and kiss him. I wanted to do that all night.

"Aiden, I love you and I know that Stephanie will say or do anything to ruin this." I tell him and he smiles at me.

"God I have been waiting for a long time to hear you say that. I love you so damn much Danielle."