The Urbem

Name: Steph (I don't like the long version of my name) XD

Age: Old enough to be out of college, young enough to not be legal to drink in America :P

Location: London England ;)

Why you love writing: Writing is like... me on a page. My characters are the parts of me I'm to afraid to show to the rest of the world or they're the people I wish I could be or they're the darker sides of me that should stay hidden. Writing is my way of letting out all my pent up feelings and my way of giving myself hope.

What made me decide to write: Because I think that being able to write is a gift that not everyone has the confidence to experience. I wanted my stories to help those people escape reality for a few hours, to make them smile, or laugh or cry or whatever. Even if just one person liked my work; it makes it worthwhile :P

Favourite genres: I'll read any genre if its well written.

Favourite books: Umm, well out of Published books its has to be... The Gone Series, Harry Potter, Sherlock, True Blood, Series Of Unfortunate Events, Lord Of The Rings... lol, the list goes on.

And as for Wattpad books well... I liked, Do You Know Eva?, Inamorata, Awakening To Life, When You're Strange, The Black Knight and a few more :)

Name: Ashley, I don't really have anything else I go by :P

Age: 19 :D

Location: America, in the state of Pennsylvania

Why you love writing: It started as an outlet. I haven't had the best relationship with my family or people I knew in high school, so writing became a bit of therapy for me. I found it to be great and pretty interesting to discover that my characters (and I'm sure every other writer's) fates are completely dependent on my mood. For instance, yeah, if I'm happy, my characters will be happy and getting along, but when I'm angry, they could all die in a fiery explosion. XD I love to write.

What made me decide to write: I've been writing since I was like eleven. My first inspiration was my 6th grade teacher, who had us write stories instead of grammar lessons. He made me enjoy English. I didn't get serious until I was in 10th grade, and we had to write a story from the POV of a character in history, hence came  ten-page paper abut a British family living in London during the London Blitz in WWII. After I turned it in, I continued it, and it became my story on my main, The White Rosebush. That was my first completed work, but now almost all my attention is on The Urbem :)

Favourite genres: Fantasy and Historical Fiction, but I'll read anything if the author has a basic grasp of grammar skills, and avoid Cliches. Fifty Shades of Grey is the exception, I read that when I need a good laugh and feel a desire to lose faith in humanity. No offense to fans, but ugh...

Favourite books: Current: Gurdians of Ga'Hoole, Inheritance Cycle (Eragon and its sequels), Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, His Dark Materials (The Golden Compass and its sequels). When I was younger: Dolphin Diaries, Animal Ark, and Junie B. Jones.

And as for Wattpad books well... I don't read a whole lot of Wattpad stories, but my favorites are Lab Rats and Silence.

REVIEW

One of the great things about the SYS club, is that you can discover some fantastic stories. And doing a read for read/comment etc has its definite upsides. And this for me is one of them. Spelling_Bee is a joint account and The Urbem is a creative collaboration between the two wonderful ladies.

This book, is glorious and different to the norm. It is not what you expect, and it keeps you on guard. It's descriptive and will keep you entertained throughout. I'm still reading this and I've enjoyed every chapter. If these two carry on this brilliant collaboration, it makes me wonder what they'll come up with next. And I shall be keeping a close eye on their next lot of works.

Link:http://www.wattpad.com/story/673631-the-urbem-completed-diversity-2012