Epilogue: To The Last Chapter

I sat at my writing desk with the lamp light casting the worst shadow of all time. In it, I found the idea for a type of demon that was made from lamplight. Or something. Writing was quite hard when there was no internet, non cast for references or ideas I could keep bookmarked for later. I leaned back in my chair and sighed, making my lamp flicker from the stress.
     "You okay?"
     Alinak came up the stairs with a worried look, to which I couldn't help but laugh at him. Just a little.
     "Just... writer's block," I told him. He turned on my overhead light and pulled a chair up to sit next to me.
     "Well, that's not enough to flicker the whole town's lights over. What's your real issue, Esinna?" he asked gently.
     "Well, you, probably."
     "Then, I'll leave." He began to sit up.
     "No, no. Wait." I grabbed his arm to get him to stay. "I mean, I guess I worry."
     "I'm right here. Explain it all to me."
     "You think our home will be okay? After what happened a month ago, I'm afraid we might be in hot water with the stragglers eventually."
     "Aren't you thinking too far ahead?" He grabbed my shoulders and looked into my eyes.      "When that time comes, we'll figure it out. Right now, we're focusing on recovery, and we'll recover."
     I shut my eyes and nodded. In my head, it was all a bunch of frayed wires, and I was trying to use my writing as the electrical tape. Alinak nudged me and looked at my work.
     "So, what's this story about?" he asked, holding my latest piece.
     "Oh, it's uh, a sequel to that story you liked." I stared at my hands. "I was hoping you three could read the first and then this one. If you'd want."
     "The one with Anders? Yeah, I'll read it. They have a copy at the library I think. I'll make sure to tell Two and Rantorm about it." He immediately stood up. "Did you want to come with me?"
     I smiled. "Of course."