Fifty Two - Ren with a plan

"Nessie are you ok?" said a voice at the door, Renesmee looked up to see Catlin.

"Oh Catlin, sorry, I'm taking forever! You can head home if you want."

"I'm fine, just checking on you."
She sat next to her on the bench. Renesmee quickly stowed the letter away in her bag, Catlin continued to speak.

"You are a very good actor, but I know you aren't alright. It's fine to be upset, you were so understandably excited about seeing Jacob, so for him to not be here it must be gutting."

Renesmee looked down and considered her reply, she knew there was no point in lying to Catlin.

"I know it's stupid to be so upset, he'll be back in a couple of days, safe and sound," she said, trying to convince herself a little, "But yes I was upset. I feel better now after reading the note he left me."

"He left you a note? What did he say?" Catlin asked. Darn, that honesty wouldn't be lasting long Renesmee thought.

"Nothing much of consequence, but it just made me feel calmer. It's given me something to focus on," she replied, pleased with the amount of truth she managed to fit in there.

Keen to start on her task straight away, she asked Catlin if Ethan was staying on campus tonight, with the excuse that she could use her now free evening to catch up with him.

"I think he's over at his parent's this evening, he often goes over there on Wednesdays," Catlin replied casually.

"Oh cool, do you think they'll mind if I pop round?"

"No, they're pretty chilled out."

Renesmee packed up her remaining items, Catlin wrote Ethan's address down and handed it to her. As they exited the changing rooms Mrs Tucker was returning with the key to lock up. They stayed with her whilst she secured the place, then left together.

Once outside Renesmee saw her parents car waiting for her. She turned to Catlin and said sincerely.

"Thank you for being such a great friend and staying with me this evening, I really appreciate it. I was feeling a little gutted, it was nice to have you there," she paused to smile at her before continuing, "Do you have your car? Or can we give you a lift home?"

"I've got my car, thanks anyway," Catlin said, then reached over and gave Renesmee a big hug.

"Take care Ness, you are the strongest person I know, you'll be fine."

"Thank you Catlin, you're ace!"

They went their separate ways. Renesmee jumped in her parent's car feeling focused and keen to make sure everyone was safe. She had a real job to do and was pleased with the distraction. She would have gone mad if she had nothing to do and Jacob probably knew that.

Her parents asked how she was, so she replied truthfully to her Mum, her Dad of course would already know.

"Would you be able to drop me at Ethan's parent's place please?" Renesmee asked.

"Yea no problems," replied her Dad, "You got any ideas what you'll do this evening?"

"I'm thinking of heading to Emily's, she probably won't want to kart little baby Isi anywhere at such short notice. Plus she's an amazing cook and used to the wolves descending on her, so we should be a piece of cake in comparison," she justified.

"So you're going to try and get Ethan to come with you?" her Mum said, "You must have been a little shocked when you found out about that, are you ok?"

"Yea. They kept that one a secret though didn't they? I'm totally fine with it though, Ethan's a great guy and Leah really deserves someone special. I'm really happy for her," she replied sincerely, "I just hope he sees how great she is."

"Any ideas how you'll get Ethan to come with you?" her Mum asked.

"Knock him out and carry him over," Renesmee replied with a straight face. Her parents chuckled in response. "Although perhaps I should try something more subtle to begin with."

"Yea that might be wise," her Dad said, "you don't want to have to deal with Leah if you any permanent damage to him."

"Good point," Renesmee said.

"We're here," her Dad declared.

Renesmee looked around, it took her a few moments to figure out what her Dad meant. Seeing as she didn't recognise the house in front of her, she assumed they must be at Ethan's.

"But how did you know where he lived?" Renesmee asked, she'd not said where it was and was pretty sure she'd not thought about it either.

"I was able to get a flash of the piece of paper Catlin gave you when you asked to be dropped at his place. I assumed it was his address," her Dad confirmed.

"Blimey, that talent of yours can be a little scary at times," she said, shuddering at the idea of what other subliminal thoughts she might have given away so easily without knowing.

"Or useful," he retorted, "we're alright to make our own way home from here aren't we Bella?" he asked, to which her Mum nodded, "so you can take the car."

Excellent Renesmee thought, she'd been trying to figure out how to get to Emily's and had been hoping Ethan had his car with him. So yes I guess her Dad's talent could be useful, as she'd not even thought to ask.

"Thanks, that would be great, if you are sure you're ok?" she said.

"You kidding?" her Mum replied, "I'd always run everywhere if I could, you know that!"

"Yea true," Renesmee replied with a smile.

They all got out the car, her Dad chucked her the key.

"Take care sweetheart," Bella said, pulling Renesmee in for a hug, "Be safe, Alice is watching over all of the others, so try to stick with one of them at all times."

"But what if me being there clouds Alice's visions?" she voiced.

"We're hoping it won't too much," Edward said, "but please keep checking in with us as much as possible to be on the safe side."

He took hold of Renesmee as soon as Bella had let go.

"You know we love you loads," he said.

"I hope you both know I love you too," Renesmee said to her parents.

Then with a smile they departed, Bella looking like she was being very much encouraged away by Edward instead of leaving of her own accord.