Motive

"Tell me why you're here, and just maybe I'll let you be on your way." Hornet's voice was dark, but Lace felt a sense of anxiety behind it.
"I-I'm here to see you!" She brung up confidence, standing forward with her fists down. Hornet's eyes had widened by her sudden forward movement, she brought her needle up.
"To see me? May I inquire as to why?" Lace felt a sweat bead drip off of the side of her cheek, followed by a poke of thread that floated around her curiously by Hornet's command. Lace felt rushed.
"I've been curious of you ever since we met." Lace started carefully. Hornet kept herself in a ready pose, only her eyes shifted.
"We met only a few days ago," Hornet bluntly stated, Lace was starting to feel a bit agitated by her tone, "are you stalking me?"
Lace's growing agitation was caught off guard by the sudden proposal, she felt her muscles tighten.
"Well I me—" Lace tried to explain but was suddenly shoved against the nearby wall, Hornet's cold needle lightly touched her throat.
"Stop dawdling!" Hornet snarked, frustration radiated off of her at the intruder. Lace breathed heavily, she looked at Hornet's arms and noticed some freshly lay silk on wounds. How come she just noticed this now? There were a few spots on her body covered by the silk.
She's hurt.

"Okay, maybe I was looking for you—but I promise you I was not stalking you." Lace breathed, Hornet awaited further explanation. Before Lace could continue, she noticed Hornet's arms were shaking, then she suddenly gave in. Lace was freed from the needle, Hornet stumbled backwards clumsily. She breathed heavily. Lace stared wide-eyed in confusion. She noticed blood leaking out of a wound that wasn't quite patched up on one of Hornet's arms, it was the one she had been using to put the pressure on the needle.
"I do not care for your reasoning being here. Leave." Hornet delicately touched the wound, wincing in response as she turned away from Lace. She kicked Lace's pin back to her, it slid and touched her feet.
"I can help you." Lace came closer. Though she appeared calm on the outside, on the inside she was experiencing panic. Why was she acting this way? It was as if she had no control over her own body, and mind for a matter of fact. Hornet's expression read of bewilderment at her rival's offer.
"I do not require your help. Leave."
"I don't want to though..."
"Why not?" Hornet's face expressed concern which Lace was not expecting. She had realized that Hornet's tone had died down as she became weaker.
"I... can't really say to as why..." Lace searched but found nothing. Hornet stared as silk whirled around her.
"I can take care of myself. I've been in many battles before and have gained many bruises, as you can tell."
As you can tell? She repeated, she then realized that Hornet must have noticed her inspecting her form. Lace then noticed that Hornet's face was once again a light pink. Lace felt her own face become hot with embarrassment.
"I-I'm sorry for admiring! I've just never seen someone with such a intriguing look—" Lace slapped her mouth shut before she rambled onward. Hornet's face was blank with astonishment.
"You're odd..." Hornet said, turning around and walking towards the pond. She cautiously followed the Weaver out of instinct. Hornet seemed disinterested in telling her to leave since Lace proved persistent.
"I don't care what you do, just... let me have my own time." Hornet appeared submissive. Lace didn't expect her to be so passive all of a sudden.
Should I just... leave? She watched Hornet reenter the pond, when she made it down to her reopened wound she winced. Lace listened carefully to her breathing, sitting down next to a rock covered with moss.
Maybe I will watch... Lace became enraptured by Hornet bathing. Only her head, neck and shoulders were exposed in the water. Satisfaction appeared to flood over Hornet as she relaxed herself, gently going a bit deeper into the small hot spring. Her breaths had slowed, she appeared to be delicately hugging her body. Euphoria washed over Lace, knowing that Hornet was satisfied made herself feel satisfied. Lace felt her body tighten, her hips crossing into themselves nervously.
I want this... but why?
Lace dreamily stared at Hornet, Hornet stretched her limbs out of the water. She released a yawn as she pushed her legs outward, streams of water falling precariously from her calf. Lace shivered with excitement. Her whole body felt hot, she tugged at her laced collar. She then watched as Hornet stood up, water leaving her body. She turned around but jumped when she noticed Lace staring at her.
"Wh— you're still here?!" Hornet panicked, Lace stared in confusion as she regained herself.
"I—uh I can explain-!" Lace stood up.
"I thought you'd be respectful and leave! If you wished to talk to me you could have waited outside of here!" Hornet's face was bright with pink, almost red. It had been the most she's ever seen Hornet's face blush. Hornet even seemed to go into a stance of embarrassment as she covered her body, though before she had stood bare in front of her except battle ready.
"Well now that wouldn't have been a very enjoyable wait!" Lace crossed her arms, realizing what she said she froze.
"Enjoyable?" Hornet's eyes widened.
"N-not in a sensual way!" Lace clearly lied as Hornet's eyes slowly lowered. She knew that she knew.
Why did I have to say that? In general, why did I let this happen!
"Oh I see now." Hornet stood more upward, she shook a bit of droplets off of her body as she began to walk towards Lace. Lace stared in panic, she could not move. She then breathed as Hornet came closer, she built confidence and stood up to the Weaver.
"I know why you're here now." Hornet said, stopping a few inches away from Lace.
"Yes, to ask you qu—" Lace suddenly felt a hand touch her cheek, it caressed her gently. They stood at the same height, yet she felt that Hornet was taller. Lace was annoyed by the feeling, but Hornet's touch made her feel absolutely smitten. She couldn't help but tenderly put a hand to her's, allowing her to feel her. A silence brewed between them, a sacred feeling of blossoming companionship. Lace was captivated by Hornet's touch, but she realized as time went on Hornet was not continuing her say. She looked into Hornet's eyes that she had been avoiding, Hornet was not looking into her's either. Lace took her other hand and gently touched the lowered part of her face, lightly pushing her upward so they stared at each other. Knowing that even Hornet was at a loss for words, Lace regained her confidence. She decided she would not let Hornet get to her again.
"Stop dawdling, little spider~." Lace smirked, she shifted closer to Hornet. Hornet was clearly annoyed by the fact that Lace used her own words against her, Lace watched her back off slightly as she got close. Lace felt Hornet's hand lift off of her face very slowly, as if reluctant, she released her hand in response.
"Who are you?" Hornet spoke softly. Lace realized she never introduced herself for all this time, should she? Lace had her eyes lowered as she stared into Hornet's.
"Lace." She spoke. She could hear Hornet mutter her name under her breath. She could not help herself any longer. Even though all of this was wrong, it felt so unbelievably wonderful. Her hands touched Hornet's face, Hornet even seemed to be going a long with it as her hands came behind Lace's back. She felt Hornet stop however.
"What am I doing?" Hornet mumbled in disbelief, Lace's eyes opened to look at Hornet who was in clear folly.
"Why not?" She felt herself become utterly concerned for the Weaver, Hornet did not respond and stared off. Lace suddenly felt something quickly tighten around her, Hornet pushed her away and dashed for her cloak. Lace was unable to catch herself, as she realized she had gotten lightly wrapped in Hornet's silk. She fell backward into the mossy floor, turning towards the path that lead to the pond.
"H-Hornet, wait!" Lace shouted, but she ignored her call. She watched as Hornet slipped her cloak on and snatched her needle, she pushed off through the undergrowth leaving Lace on the mossy floor. Before Hornet had left she noticed that she nudged her pin closer to her.
"Hornet!" She made one last attempt though she knew she would not respond. She felt anguish come down upon her.
I never should have done this... Lace pondered. She looked up and noticed her pin, she inched her way to it and managed to grab it. She shoved it into the silk and began carelessly cutting, the silk snapped and released her. She quickly got up, unknown what to do she looked around. She noticed something odd on the ground at the entrance to the hidden hot spring. Hornet's necklace. It was still intact, she quickly picked it up then dashed off. She expertly went through the slope this time, running out into the open crossroads of Moss Grotto.
Hornet was nowhere to be found.
"Hornet?!" Lace called once more. She breathed, her head whipping back and forth hoping to see some sign of her but there was none. She stood alone, necklace in hand. Though she felt defeated, she knew this wouldn't be their last meeting. She carefully put the necklace on herself, it almost felt as if a part of Hornet was there with her.