Bond

Author's Note: This chapter is dedicated to my aunt for suggesting the perfect song to help inspire me to be able to finish this. Thank you to my readers for your patience. Family tragedy delayed this but it couldn't stop it.

Lyra watched as Romulus' hands fisted in the back of Antares' shirt. Antares smiled as he felt seams give then rip. Antares felt the heat, but Lyra saw the hands gripping the shirt tremble. She lifted her gaze to Romulus' and saw the fear.

"There's my warrior," he murmured before crushing his mouth against Romulus. The scent of Lyra drifted underneath his nose and he thought of another way to provoke his lover's wrath that appealed to him. He turned to the bed and began walking towards it. He looked back over his shoulder with a daring laugh as Romulus' hands slid away.

"I think I'm going to play," he said letting the incubus shine in his eyes.

"Antares, no," Romulus said, a growl in his voice. Even with the sound of his voice giving her heated chills, Lyra looked back and forth between them. Something felt off. Really off. Romulus looped an arm around Antares and pulled him back. He put his forehead on Antares' back. "No." he repeated with a plea underneath the growl.

His words from before went through Lyra's mind and she shared them with Antares.

I will greet the dawn with a fucking smile on my face before I hurt the one I love.

"The anger..."
"Is not how we should do this." Lyra interrupted Antares. He looked at her and the throb of desire was so potent it hurt. She let it roll through her and continued. "It would hurt him to let that storm break on us. That's not how our bond should happen."

"Then what do you suggest?" Antares said, the incubus still thick in his voice. There was a sultry smile as an idea went through her head.

"Don't let the storm break. Ride it." She looked at Romulus. "Let him on the bed. If he goes too far, you can pull him back."

"And then?" he asked roughly. She shrugged.

"We can wing it."

"Take me, Rome. You haven't in an age. Ride me and rein me in."

"That I can do," Romulus said with a growling laugh of relief. His black eyes shining brighter, he finished what he'd started with Antares' shirt, letting the tattered remnants whisper to the ground.

Antares reached back and kissed Romulus deep and hard before pulling away to slide up the bed until he was over Lyra. She smiled and reached up to free his long shimmering hair so that it tumbled down around her. She closed her eyes for a moment and just breathed it in. The moment was one she wanted to keep. Beautiful and priceless.

Antares paused as her eyes slid closed and a smile touched her mouth. He stroked her cheek with his thumb, his incubus touch taking a backseat to awed adoration she had just inspired.

"Rome, look at her. How is she here with us?"

Romulus slid his hands up and down Antares' strong back in a tender caress. His anger was leashed, brought to heel by her understanding gaze. A battle he had fought with himself for centuries and Antares expected him to know how?

"I haven't figured out why you're with me and I've had centuries. I don't know."

"Because I needed and you were there." Antares whispered in his mind.

"That's why for me too. I needed and the two of you were there."

Romulus slid into Antares then came down over both of them. Antares groaned in pleasurable agony. He had needed that more than he'd thought.
"I love you both more than anything else." he said thickly. Antares ducked his head and kissed Lyra hungrily, before going down her neck with his talented mouth.