chapter 2: elevators are evil

Chapter 2

When we got off the plane there was a limo driver awaiting to take us to the house. On the way over Aunt Em warned me that I would be a little over whelm by how big it was but, really how big can I be? They weren’t famous. Man I was wrong. The house was three stories and stretch as far as the eye could see. The gate had a big ‘m’ for Martin and a little man waiting to tell you if you could enter or not. Yes I was a little over whelm but not by much.

 When we were getting out a little man snatch my bag so I yelled at him

 “ What are you doing?” I yelled

“ I’m taking your bag in madam Davis, to put them into your room.” He says back

“Why?” I ask with an attitude 

“ Because that’s my job madam Davis” he said backing his voice dipping with annoyance

“ Stop calling me madam Davis, my name is Kat.” I snap back at him

“It’s okay to call her Kat, James she won’t tell Dave.” Aunt Em said trying to keep the problem under control

“ How do you know Emily?” He asked and she leans in and whispers something and James nods

“Don’t worry Ms. Kat were take good care of everything.” I look at aunt Em she nods and I sigh, “Fine just take good care of everything.” I kept hold of the bag I snatch from James earlier. It had everything left I of my dad. It was my most treasure possession and I don’t let anyone touch it not even, Em or the flight attend. It was pretty hard to convince them it was some of my dead father ashes but once I unzip it and they saw they let me walk through carrying it. I really need to let go and go with the flow.

My first impression of the house was that it too much. But who was I kidding this place was nice. It had gold statues everywhere high ceilings, 3 floors and an elevator it was beautiful.

‘’ Omg. You guys are rich.” I yelled trying to sound like any normal teenage girl

“ Yeah thank to your dad.” Aunt Em said a small smile evident on her face

“ My dad?” I ask confused, are house was never anything close to this and he was a doctor.

“ Oh my gosh, he didn’t tell you either.” She said face palming her self.

“ Tell me what.” I asked confuse

“ Umm he left half of his money to his brother.” She said calmly like she thought I would freak out.

“ My dad wasn’t rich.” I said simply

“ He was because your grandfather left half his money to him. He just didn’t want to share any with that bitc.... I'm meaning your mother.” She winces as if it hurt her to say the words ‘your mother’. Hmm maybe I'm over reacting.

I send her a smile and said “ you can call her a bitch. I'm okay with it I knew she was one anyway.”

“Don’t let your uncle here you say that. He’s the one who got them together.  Thinks she the perfect little angel. And plus he doesn't like foul language being use in the house.” She said rolling her eyes.

“ You darn right. No cursing in the house or anywhere nears me for that matter.  ” Uncle James said while come up behind her and placing a kiss on her lips. I saw her winces again like she didn’t like it. But she had to their marry right? Maybe she's unhappy. I’ll have to ask her later

“ What you guys doing” uncle James asks

“ I’m just explaining the house rules to Kat.” She said annoyed