Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine

Lucy woke to the feeling of someone stroking her face gently; she opened her eyes to see Hayden staring back at her.

“Hey” She said, her voice a bit croaky from sleeping.

“Hey” He said back softly.

Lucy cleared her throat and shifted slightly away from him causing him to drop his hand away from her face.

“How do you feel?” She asked him

“Like I have been shot and shoved in a trunk” He gave her a small smile to show he wasn’t serious. “I feel fine, everything is healed. I’m not a hundred percent but I’m getting there.”

Lucy let out a breath she didn’t realise she was holding. “I thought I might have lost you,” She whispered so softly.

Hayden nudged her gently “Takes a lot more than that to get rid of me, you should know that by now,” He said trying to cheer her up.

She smiled at him “That’s true” She looked around the empty room “So um do you think you will be able to run back to the pack house?” She asked him.

“Yeah I should be able to manage that” He answered.

“Great” She said as she started to sit up, “This place gives me the creeps”

Hayden laughed at her “Yeah but what do expect from something Tim owns?” He said

“Owned” Lucy corrected him “Tim’s now dead”

“Good saves me killing him” Hayden replied. Hayden clears his throat “listen Lucy, I know I haven’t been the best mate to you lately”

Lucy reaches up and places a finger to his lips “Shh, we have plenty of time to talk about that later.”

Hayden gently removes her finger from his lips “I know, well I didn’t know I thought that maybe now that Tim has been taken care of you would leave. “He clears his throat again “What I’m trying to say and not doing a very good job at saying it is I love you Lucy, more than you could possibly know. Please don’t leave me. Give me another chance to prove myself to you to make up for everything I have done.”

Lucy lightly presses her lips to Hayden’s “I’m not going anywhere Hayden”

Hayden looks at her shocked a smile appearing on his face “Does that…does that mean you forgive me?” He asked with hope in his eyes

Lucy shakes her head “No.”

Hayden’s smile drops off his face “Oh”

“But” Lucy begins “I will give you the chance to earn my forgiveness”

Hayden’s smile returns to his face he leans forward and places a kiss on her head “Thank you Lucy.”

Lucy gives him a small smile “Just don’t make me regret it.” She tells him.

“I won’t I promise”

Lucy starts to move off the bed. “Ok than now that that’s settled can we please get the hell out of here?” She asks him.

“Sure” He says as he starts to get up also.

They walk out of the small bedroom to find only Jack waiting. Lucy frowns “Where is everyone?” She asks him.

“I sent them back to the pack house. They weren’t needed here,” He informs her. He walks over to Hayden and gives him a manly one arm around the shoulder hug. “It’s good to have you back,” He tells Hayden.