Chapter Five

Chapter Five

“Why would who take Aaron?” Cassy asked Lucy.

Not thinking about who she was talking too Lucy answered her honestly. “The Alpha of the Mountain Ridge pack. Hayden said he was a friend of his dad’s before he died.”

“Hold up what are you talking about Alpha?” Cassy ask confused. Realising her mistake too late smacks herself on the top of her head.

“Look Cas, I don’t have time to explain everything to you but Linda will.” Lucy says to her. Searching her mind link for Luke she says. “Luke are you free?”

“Yeah Linda and I are just watching T.V. Why?”

“Could you and Linda come to Hayden’s office and explain the whole werewolf thing to Cassy for me?” she asks.

“Yeah sure we're on our way.”

“Thanks Luke.”

A minute later Linda and Luke walk in. “Ok guys I’m sorry to throw this at you to do but I need to go speak with Hayden and then question Tim.”

“That’s cool Luc, go do what you gotta do we’ll take care of this.” Linda says.

“Thanks guys.” Lucy says as she walks out of Hayden’s office to go find him. Thinking it be quicker to use the mind link to find him she searched but found he was blocking so no one could contact him.

“Figures” Lucy mumbles to herself. With Hayden missing in action she decided to go and try questioning the prisoners. She headed for the door leading down to the basement. Walking past the guard at the top of the stairs she makes her way down to bottom. When she gets to the bottom she’s shocked to find Hayden already there standing next to Kelly’s cell holding on to the bars while Kelly stood in front of him. They looked deep in conversation.

“I should of known this is where I would find you.” Lucy says to Hayden.

Hayden quickly pulls himself away from the bars with a guilty look on his face. “It’s not what it looks like Luc, I was questioning her about our son.” Hayden says to her.

Lucy snorts “Yeah right if that’s the case why did you block me from your mind link?”

“I wasn’t blocking you I was blocking everyone. With my wolf being so upset my mind link was playing up and I was unintentionally sending people my thoughts. So I had to block everyone.” Hayden explains.

“Ok then if you been down here questioning her what have you found so far?” Lucy asks

Hayden sighs “Nothing I don’t think she had anything to do with it.”

Lucy starts laughing not her normal laugh but more a crazy Laugh she looked at Kelly.

“Wow you really are exactly like Luna Huh? She had him wrapped around her little finger too.” Lucy then looked at Hayden “And we both remember how that turned out don’t we. But I see how you feel you need to trust what your girlfriend is telling you more than your wife” Lucy says sarcastically. “After all don’t they say history always repeats itself?”

Hayden takes a step towards Lucy. “That’s not what I’m doing I’m not believing her over you. I was just telling you what I thought.”

“Oh cut the crap Hayden I really don’t want to hear your excuses. You’re a sorry excuse for a man. Instead of helping your wife track down your missing son, you’re down here with your whore. Would you like to be locked in with her so you can give her some comfort?”

Hayden was about to answer her when Lucy put her hand up stopping him. “Don’t talk just shut up.” Lucy walks over to Tim's cell.

“Hello Tim.” She says giving him an evil smile. “I have a question for you. When we sent you to the Mountain Ridge pack a few weeks ago to talk to the Alpha about the rouge problem we’ve been having did you happen to discuss anything else?”

Tim sneers at Lucy “Why would I tell you.”

“Just as I thought.” Lucy said to him. “You do know that once I get my son back I’m coming down here to give you a slow death right? No one messes with my kid.” With that said Lucy turns and starts to walk out the room. Hayden follows behind her. Ignoring Hayden who is still behind her she makes her way to the kitchen.

Jack and Mrs B were sitting at the table. Lucy looks at Jack first. “I want you to gather up all our fighters and track down any and all information we have on the mountain ridge pack.” Jack looks at Hayden “DON’T LOOK AT HIM I AM YOUR ALPHA FEMALE AND I JUST GAVE YOU AN ORDER SO DO IT!” She yells at him using her Alpha command voice. Jack quickly stands and rushes out of the room to do as he was order.

“Lucy what’s all this about. Hayden asks her.

Lucy just holds her hand up to him. “If you weren’t so busy down stares with your girlfriend you would know exactly what’s going on.” Lucy then turns to Mrs B Who has now stood from her chair.

“You were down stairs with that woman while your wife is doing everything so she can to find your son?” Mrs B asks her son.

“It’s not what it sounds like mother. I was questioning her.” Hayden defends himself.

Lucy snorts. “yeah like she would tell you the truth anyway. Why would she when you believe her lies so easily.” Lucy says to him. She then looks back to Mrs B. “Have you done the test?”

Mrs B Nods “Yes I was just heading back now to see if the results are ready.” Lucy and Mrs B leave the kitchen and head for the medical room Hayden following them like a lost puppy.

As soon as they entered the room, Mrs B went over to her desk. She lifted up a white pregnancy test stick and looked at the results window.

“Negative” She said. “As we know with our werewolf genes these things are some times wrong but the blood test I took should be back by now so I will check.” She says as she starts hitting keys on her computer. She stands there reading the screen then turns to Lucy. “Negative there is no baby, she was lying.”

Lucy lets out a sigh of relief. “Good.”

Hayden finally working out what they are talking about asks. “You mean Kelly isn’t pregnant with my child?”

Lucy turns around and punches him in the face. “No she’s not but I bet she really tried to be.” Looking at him with disgust, she continues. “She is exactly like Luna she will feed you whatever bullshit she has too to get her own way and just like with Luna you fall for it hook line and sinker. I can’t go through that crap again with you. Even if there were some tiny chance of me forgiving you for cheating I can’t forgive you for taking your girlfriends side over mine.”

“SHE’S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND,” Hayden yells. “I messed up all right one time that’s all it was one lousy time and you are going to throw everything we have away?” He asks Lucy.

Lucy looks Hayden in the eye. “No Hayden you threw everything away the moment you cheated. So don’t you dare blame this on me” Deciding to tell him about the phone call she turns back around. “Oh and the man who called saying he had our son. He called from the Mountain Ridge pack house.”

Hayden frowns at Lucy “Why would they take our son?”

Lucy shrugs Tthat’s why I went to talk to Tim he was there a few weeks ago.” Lucy continues to walk towards the door. “Oh and Hayden?”

“Yeah?” He asks

“I want a divorce.” With that said Lucy left the room leaving Hayden standing there too shocked to move.