6

The American groaned, seriously why do I have to work with him? America thought if he wasn't going to be killed by the german, Russia would be the first. His phone started to ring, blaring his national anthem loudly. The Russian rolled his eyes at the seemly narcissistic man, but America he had no room to talk. As his was even louder, and it was just a friendly reminder of who America killed all those years ago. ''Yes?'' America asked, he tried to ignore Russia who was giving him a cold stare. ''Hola, America!'' It was a friendly voice to hear for once, one of his closest friends Mexico. ''Oh hi Mexico,'' He said as he rubbed the back of his neck, he was honestly a bit nervous. ''I wanted to call you to give you the news about my dad.. Germany attacked him yesterday,'' Mexico's voice strained a bit, it was hard for him to even say. Especially to the person he loved, but he would never tell him that. He's in love with someone else, he would constantly remind himself. America's eyes widened, and Russia knew something was very wrong.  ''I'm sorry about that, is he ok?'' The American didn't like his father that much, it was probably because of his parents. Britain, France, and Spain always had a rivalry. Even now they still did, sometimes. ''No.. He turned back.. I-Into an empire,'' Mexico's voice broke, he didn't want to think about it much. ''Switzerlands trying to help him, just be careful ok..?'' He said, and his voice got quieter by the second. ''I'll be fine, I'll try my best,'' America smiled sadly, staring at the bandages on his knees.

As the American said goodbye, and put his phone away. He knew Russia would have some questions, and sighed. ''Who was that?'' He asked with his thick accent, glaring slightly at America. ''Mexico, he told me Germany had attacked Spain,'' He pushed up his sun glasses, and looked away from the Russian. Russia was pissed, they could of stopped this from happening. If it wasn't for America, he could of.. He stopped himself from getting to upset with the idiot, as he had a job to do. As they walked through the neighborhood, the mud was getting quite annoying. It hasn't been raining for that long, but rain could cause them to be called off work if it's severe. America wished he knew the area where Spain was attacked in, as it would give them a hint where the German was. He would probably need to take off his sunglasses soon, as he could barely see through them with all the rain. He sighed, remembering how his brother reacted to his eyes after that. His father- England had done so, as a punishment for running away. Sometimes he wondered what the others went through, but he knew nobody wants to talk about it much.

Poland woke up to a noise, like knocking to the door. It was still raining, and when he looked out the window he realized how dark it was outside. Greece had awoken, giving Poland a slightly startled look. The knocking had stopped, and both uneasy. ''Did you hear that..?'' Greece asked, it was a whisper. Poland nodded, looking around the house. In the kitchen laid a note, labeled To Poland and Greece. As he read it, another noise was heard from outside. Scratching, scratching, something was trying to get in. ''France isn't home..'' He mumbled, but loud enough for Greece to hear. They where home alone, or so it seemed to them at the moment. Greece noticed that Britain's things he had brought with him, where still at the house. His coat was neatly put on clothing rack by the door, he sighed in relief. ''Britain's still home, if he left he would need his coat,'' He said, and Poland nodded. Poland walked upstairs, and peeked into the bedroom. Indeed Britain had fallen asleep, seemly watching a movie in French. He walked into the rest room, and washed his face. Trying to calm himself down, everything's going to be ok.

Once he walked back to the couch, Greece gave him a worrying smile. They tried to go back to sleep, but soon the lights had all turned off. With the thunder and lighting from the outside, it wouldn't be much of a surprise. ''The power.. it went out,'' Greece said, almost as a mumble. The scratching continued, but louder. ''What's that?'' Poland asked, at this point the two were very quiet. Not wanting to make much noise, a fear was creeping into their mind. Germany, he could be out for them. Britain was still sleeping, much like a baby at this point. It was surprising for him to ever sleep when it rained, but now they wished he was awake. ''I'll go wake up Britain,'' Greece said as he got out of his seat, and went up the stairs. Poland hoped he would wake him up soon, as he heard a creek inside the house. At first he thought it possibly could of been Britain getting up, until the creeking gotten closer to him.