cHAPTER tHREE

I open my eyes and groan. My side was hurting... What did I land on? Realization hit and gasped.

"The black hole!" I screeched. I stood up and cringed from the pain in my right side. I held onto my waist as I looked around. It looks like I'm in some sort of alleyway or something... I notice some boxes and groan.

That's what I must've landed on... No wonder why it hurts. I decided to follow the alley (the other way was blocked by boards) and see where I was exactly.

I need to find Sora too. Also... Riku. My chest felt heavy... I miss him. Where did he go? I didn't see him after I left the Secret Place. Only that hooded figure and Sora. I wonder... if I landed here, does that mean everyone else did too?

Rushing, I quickly turn the corner of the alley and find myself in front of a large store. I tilt my head and question myself.

How did I end up here? I mean, I went into a black hole just to end up here? It doesn't make sense... I must be dreaming.

This place is pretty huge. I walk down some stairs and turned 360 degrees. Looking all around. When I looked at the other side of the 'item' store, I seen a figure walk the other way. I ran after it.

"Hey! Wait! Please, I need help!" I yelled. The man stopped and turned. When I saw his face, I gasped.

He had a long scar going diagonally across his nose. He had blue eyes and brown hair that was in layers.

"Who are you?" The man asked. I swallowed the lump in my throat and answered, "My name is... Nana."

"Nana?" He snorted, "That's a weird name..."

"Hey! That's not very nice! Fine, then who are you?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled, "Relax, I was just kidding. The names Leon."

"Oh." I blushed slightly. "I'm looking for someone. He has spikey brown hair and acts like a doofus. Have you seen him?"

Leon chuckled and placed a hand gently on his hip, "A doofus with spikey brown hair. Nope. Haven't seen anything like him before."

I persued on, "Well what about a boy with silverish white hair? His name's Riku."

He place a hand on his chin and shook his head, "No. I haven't seen or heard of neither of them. Sorry."

I sighed, "It's fine. I'll just keep looking..."

Leon looked at me and frowned. It looked like he felt sorry for me... But I didn't really care at the moment. I have to find Riku and Sora. I started to walk away when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see Leon looking into my eyes, "Nana, I might be able to help you... Follow me."

I gulped and nodded. I wasn't 100% sure that I could trust him but... What do I have to lose?

Following Leon, we walked through two giant wooden doors that had a huge sign above it saying 'Second District.' When we entered through the doors, the area looked completely... dead.

Not dead as in, "everybody is dead and the place went to crap" but the dead as in, "there's nobody here."

I looked around as Leon led me to what looked like a hotel.

'What??' I thought. Why is he leading me to a hotel? I suddenly feel a little cautious. Leon must've noticed and chuckled, "Don't worry. It's not what it looks like."

I sighed a breath a relief. Good. When we reached the front entrance to the hotel, I looked across to the other side and noticed a hat shop and a couple of others.

'What a strange place,' I thought to myself. This was just too weird.

Leon led the way for a little bit longer until we reached a door with a red dragon on it. He opens the door and jesters me inside. I slowly walk in and automatically see a woman sitting calmly on the bed.

The bed looked like something for a queen. Huge. Red. And shrouded in heavy, dark red drapes.

"Leon?" The woman said.

He came in and crossed his arms in front of him. I looked at the woman as he talked.

"Aerith, this is Nana. She needs our help. I told her that you and Yuffie could probably help."

The woman stood up and clasped her hands together, "Oh! Please Nana, have a seat. Leon did the right thing bringing you here. I'm sure that me and Yuffie can help in some way."

I smiled at her and sat down on the comfy red bed. She was really pretty. She had long brown hair that was in a braid that ran down her back. I could see a pink bow holding it in. Her eyes were a pretty emerald green color. And to top it off, she wore a cute pink dress with brown combat like boots.

She shyly griped her hand and spoke as if she was sorry, Oh how rude of me, my name is Aerith. And you're Nana, right?"

I nodded, "Yes."

Aerith smiled, "How cute. Now please, what is it that you need?"

I looked down at the floor and spoke sadly, "My best friends, Riku and Sora, are gone. I don't know where they are or even how to explain what happened. My island was sucked into a black hole, taking me and everyone with it. I don't know where anyone is though. I need help finding them..."

Leon and Aerith looked at each other with a knowing expression. Aerith took my hand gently and explained slowly, "Nana... Your island wasn't taken by a black hole. It was swallowed by darkness."

I looked at her, confused. She continued, "Light, and darkness. They are what separate us from them."

"Them?" I ask.

"Yes. The heartless. They're creatures that are created by the darkness in people's hearts. But if your heart is pure with light, you don't have to worry. Heartless are only made from the darkness."

I shook my head, not knowing what to say.

Aerith continued, "Nana, if your friends are anything like you, then they should be around here. Everybody who makes it through the darkness ends up here, in Traverse Town. Our home was taken by the darkness too, and here we are."

I looked at the floor, happy yet confused. So that must mean that Riku and Sora are around here somewhere. I stood up and headed for the door. Aerith spoke up, "Nana? Where are you going?"

"You said that if they are anything like me, there's a chance that they'll be here in Traverse Town. I'm going to go look for them."

I walked out before they could stop me. Aerith said that there's a chance of them being here. So I'm going to take that chance and look for them.