Chapter 32

There was what looked to be thousands of shadows on the building next to us. They all looked somewhat different from each other, even without a face. You could tell where there hair was and if they were a guy or a girl. Though they all had on thing in common. Black eyes. That was the only feature on there face, Only black eyes. Familiar black eyes.
Out of the shadows came Julian. He was wearing a black leather jacket with black pants. "Well what do you know. The stars are together now I see."

"Julian?!" I called stepping forward. "What are you doing?"

"Well, you know how the day I met you, You had been saved by your little friend over there."
I looked at Nick. He seemed just as shocked as I was.

"Well, when that Red star 'fell', I'd happened to be standing right there."

"But..... What about Sushi?" I asked surprised.

"Ha! Sushi's not real. He's a hologramic robot designed to act like a real human being. Your mom created him to try and find you. But it failed."

What?! He wasn't real?! "Then why are you here?" I asked stepping forward again.

"Hahaha! You see, these people where all killed by the sun. And they did nothing to deserve that. Then once I found out you where Arica's daughter. I became officer to start looking for you." He said with a sinister look.
Just then he became a shadow.... just like all the rest. Black eyes and everything. He moved his arm and out came a black and red blast hitting Nick. Lulu ran over to him.

I jumped across the two buildings, which where only like 3 feet apart from each other and ran toward Julian as he stood there.
I could do something. I had to do something. What did he what though exactly?
I was able to grab his arm and he started to designate away. Designate?! Geez!

That's when I felt it. An unbelievable pain shot up through my scared arm. It felt like my arm was slowly burning off! I let go as soon as I could, falling backwards. They all then disappeared.....

I looked down at my hand.
A burn? It was all black and covered with blisters. What? I looked up. They were all gone. All the shadows.... gone.
I suddenly felt a small burn on my nose and grabbed my nose tight trying to stop whatever was on it. My arm still felt like it was burning. I looked down to see an ash. An Ash?

That's when I realized.... they were never shadows.
They were Ashes..... All Ashes.