How You Meet: 2ps

🇬🇧 2p England~Oliver Kirkland
You stared out of the window while you were sitting in your culinary history class, watching the beginnings of raindrops fall on to the glass pane. You had moved to London to study abroad and become a confectionery artist, you know, those people that make cakes into cats and stuff. Once you graduated next year you were hoping to start up a little bakery of your somewhere, and for some reason that required you to know who invented icing. Don't get it wrong, you loved baking and making art out of your delectable creations, but learning about what the earliest forms of cakes were and what they were called didn't interest you that much.

You heard the professor announcing a project and that once you had all written down the details on the board you were dismissed. You sighed in relief and quickly jotted down what was on the board before getting up and leaving, hearing a quick "stay safe in the rain everyone" from your professor. That being your last class of the day, you headed straight for the front to leave but abruptly stopped noticing the rain becoming a bit heavier. You reached for your umbrella and opened it only to find two of the medal rods snapped, rendering it useless. Not letting this dampen your mood, you put on a determined face, put your backpack over your head, and made sure your phone was secure in a place on your person where it would not get wet.

While running through the streets of London to get to your apartment as quickly as you could, the rain began to pour like there was no tomorrow. Cursing under your breath, you looked around for a store or something to stay in until the rain let up. Spotting a sign saying Pastel Pastry Bakery, you giggled a bit at the name and ran inside, the bell jingling loudly at your entrance. You looked around the small little shop and you noticed how it lived up to its name. Large pastel blue and pink swirls were painted onto the wall and white, blue, and pink tiles checkered the floor. Matching pastel booths, tables, and chairs were set up around the bright bakery. Not wanting to drip water everywhere you just awkwardly stood in the doorway.

A man with strawberry blonde hair and bright blue eyes appeared from the back where you presumed the kitchen was. "So sorry to keep you waiting!" he said, looking up at you after doing something behind the counter, and gasped at the sight of you. Running up to you, he began to fawn over you like a worried mother. "Oh dear! Poppet! What on earth were you doing out there like that! Let me go and get you something to dry you off!" he said running to the back and coming back out with an assortment of bright blankets. He wrapped you up in a couple and placed one on your head before running back through to the kitchen.

You awkwardly waited at the door while patting down your (h/l)(h/c) hair. The pastel man came back out and handed you some clothes. "Here Poppet, change into these and I will run these soaked ones trough the wash," he said, leading you to a girl's restroom near the back of the bakery, "When you're done I'll take your clothes and be back with you in a jiffy!" The man had a very cheery smile and you giggled a bit at his joyful aura. You got changed into some pastel purple sweatpants and an oversized, pastel, tie-dyed t-shirt. Is anything this guy owned not pastel? You asked yourself, not that you were complaining, you loved pastel. You stepped out of the bathroom to see the guy waiting with his back against the male restroom door.

Noticing your arrival he practically jumped up to take the clothes from your hands, "Alrighty! Just have a seat anywhere!" He essentially skipped back through the kitchen door while you sat in one of the booths, waiting patiently while watching the rain. You pondered for a little bit until broken out of your thoughts by the male's cheery voice. "Okie-Dokie! Would you like a cupcake, Poppet!" The jolly male asked with a bright, twinkling smile. T-to bright! You thought, trying not to look at his blindingly precious smile, as you walked up to the display case to look at his assortment of cupcakes. They all looked like your average cupcake, but you could tell these were each individually hand-made with care and precision, down to the finest grain of sugar.