boo! | a.g.

"This is stupid."

"You're stupid," you retort back.

Aidan was stomping angrily on the leaves underneath him. Loud crunching every step he took.

"I don't even know why I agreed to do this. This is awful. What are we even trying to find anyways?" The flashlight in his hand pointed to the floor.

Rolling your eyes, you held his wrist, pushing his hand up. The light from the flashlight shining on the trees, instead of the ground. "Hold your flashlight up. We're ghost hunting. I told you that on the way here."

He puts an arm around your shoulders, leaning against you. "Clearly, I wasn't listening."

Knocking his arm off your shoulders, you ignore him. Walking forward as you shined your flashlight into the darkness of the trees. The only light source being the moon, besides your flashlights.

"Did you know this is how people die? This is such a horror movie clique."

You turn to look at Aidan, "This is a campsite. The people who usually camp here say they've seen a ghost or two. But, it's never hurt or harmed anyone. If you listened to me, you'd know that."

Aidan just huffs.

"It's just some woods. Maybe, they're mistaken. Ever heard of alcohol? Drunk teenagers? No? This is what teens usually do. Well, except for us, I guess. You wanna know why? Because, we're going ghost hunting." He kicks at a pile of leaves. "God, I wish I was back at the hotel."

"Aidan?" You ask in a sweet tone.

He turns to you. "Yes?"

"Shut up."

"No."

It goes quiet. Conversation going dead. The leaves crunching being the only sound heard. Sighing in relief, finally some silence.

A few minutes pass. An owl hoots. Five minutes. The wind howling becomes louder. Ten minutes. Crack.

"Shit, what was that?" Aidan jumps. Turning the flashlight to you, causing it to shine in your eyes.

Wincing at the light shined in your eyes, "Calm down, Gallagher. Don't piss your pants." Looking around, you see a squirrel gnaw on an acorn.

You see Aidan look nervously at you. Eyes locked onto yours, lips into a pout, and brows scrunched up.

Sighing, you put an arm out. Hand stretched out to Aidan, raising an eyebrow, you ask, "You gonna take it or not?"

He doesn't say anything. Silently taking your hand in his, intertwining fingers.

"(Y/N)," Aidan whispers.

Not bothering to look at him, you answer, "What?"

"We look like crazy people. Can we go back to the hotel? Please?" You spare him a glance, to see him pouting and giving you puppy eyes.

You pout back, frowning at him. "Aww. Is my baby boy scared?" You said it in a baby voice, smiling when Aidan stutters.

"No! I am not!" He looks away from you.

Laughing, you mess up his hair. Wheezing, when he swats your hands away, fixing his hair.

"Listen, what are you even planning to do, when we actually see a-" He stops.

Turning to see him, you ask, "What? Did you see something? " You pause. Looking at the direction, he had his flashlight in. "Holy shit! Is that a fucking tent made out of sticks?" You make your way to the tent, walking around it.

Glancing at Aidan, the boy in question starts to look skittish. "Should we just go-"

You cut him off, "Aidan, look!" He turns to see you sitting inside the tent. "You nervous already?"

"Yes. I'm not into this whole 'It' thing. I'm not intrested in getting killed by a wackass clown." He frowns, crossing his arms against his chest.

Flashlight aimed at you, he reaches out his hand. Moving his fingers, to get you to grab his hand.

Raising your eyebrow, "What?" A confused smile stretched across your face.

He rolls his eyes, "Take my hand, dumbass. I don't want you to get fucked over by a killer clown."

Getting up, you dust off your pants. Taking Aidan's hand, "Aw, how sweet. You care about me."

"I always care about you. Now, let's get out of here. I sense a hot bath calling my name and a warm bed to snuggle up on." Aidan stretches, arm wrapping around your waist.

You nudge him lightly, "Hold on, actually I think I see something behind you."

Aidan messes up your hair, knuckles against your head. "Oh, fuck off."

Laughter from you was heard, as you and Aidan walk back to the car. Unaware, of the red eyes following your movements.