Chapter 3

Tuesday, September 4, 2030

The next day I woke up to the sound of screaming kids. Wait that's not right. I jumped out of bed and ran to the sound and there was Alana being flailed around by Justin.

"What are you doing she might get hurt!" I shouted at him. "No mommy it's fun. Woa," she said and got tossed up again.

Justin put her down and looked at me "So do you see anything unusual." I looked around and I saw Gwen, Gene and Jacob all sitting at the granite countertop island eating their breakfast.

"Oh my god you actually got them up and ready," I replied. Wow this is the first time he has ever done this he would normally be asleep right now.

"Yep and Alana's already eaten," he explained. I raised my eyebrows at her and she smiled. " You go back to bed I have everything under control," Justin said pushing me in the direction to the stairs.

And I did I walked up the stairs and went to bed. I actually went back to bed on a school day! This day is going to be a pretty awesome day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok remember when I said it was going to be a good day well I was wrong. I got a phone call at about 12:00 waking me up from my beauty sleep. It was the principal calling me to say I had to come because it was an emergency.

So I rushed into my bathroom and fixed my hair and brushed my teeth quickly. I ran over to my gigantic walk in closet and went to the section where my blouses are and put on a pink one with a floral skirt.

I woke up Cynthia and Noah (wow we are lazy today) and got them ready and we were out the door within 10 minutes.

When we got in the car they started firing questions at me. "Where are we going?" "What's going on?" "Why did you wake me up?" I just ignored them and thought about what might of happened. Alana might of beat up someone. No that's not like her, she is sassy but she would not hurt anyone on purpose. Did one of them get beat up. No I'm Mackenzie Bieber and no one would ever lay their hands on my kids. So what? I had no idea.

We finally pulled into the parking lot of the school. Or what was left of it. I told Cynthia and Noah to stay in the car then I ran over to a group of kids who were dirty and looking scared.

"What happened here?" I asked them frantically. Even thought it was obvious. One of them looked up at me and he was probably around 6. "There was a fire," he said. I realized the boy was Jacobs best friend Gabe. "Gabe where's Jacob?" I asked. "He looked up at me with sad blue eyes and said " I don't know where any of them are."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Shock. I was in shock. I had to find them. I ran but I didn't know where I was going. If something happened to any of them I would just die.

I came across another group of kids who looked a little older. I saw a blonde tornado out of the corner of my eye and felt two little hands come around my waist.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Gwen shouted grabbing onto me for dear life. I hugged her back furiously. "Oh Gwen I was so worried where is everyone else?" I asked.

She looked back and I noticed her face change from relief to scared. "What's wrong?"

"Genevieve was right behind me but I don't know where she went," tears welled in her sky blue eyes.

"Well where could she of gone?" I asked panicked. " I don't know." She ran off in the direction she came from shouting Genevieve's name and I ran after her.