The Hidden Creatures

Hi! So, this is a short story that I wrote for school. I was told that it was pretty good, so I decided I would share it with all of you! :) If you like it, please vote and comment! I really need the feedback. Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up to a pounding on my bedroom door.

Boom! Boom! Boom! "Open the door, or we'll break it down!" a voice yelled through the wooden barrier.

What the hell?

Just as I sat up, the door came crashing down. Three men dressed in black walked into my room, as if they owned the place. They took me by the fore arms, wrapped a rope around my wrists, and dragged me out. Considering I was half asleep and still in my pajamas, my comprehension wasn't that well at the moment.

When we passed my living room, I saw my parents on the couch with my mother crying and my father trying to comfort her. There were more guys dressed in black surrounding them, but these guys had on black sunglasses with the Ronisia Coat of Arms on the side.

Oh crap, it's the King's men! I thought, starting to panic.

"No, Skylar, no!" my mother wailed, pulling me from my thoughts. "It's not her fault! She doesn't even know!"

One of the guards looked at my mother. "It does not matter. He has made his decision, and it is final."

Confused and irritated, I was dragged out of my house and into the cool early morning air. What was my mother talking about? And what decision had the king made? For all I knew, I'm just an average seventeen year old girl! I haven't done anything to upset the king.

Unless you have, whispered a voice inside my head. I mentally scowled. Even I was going against myself.

Whatever, who needs you anyway, I retorted.

Oh, you will soon enough. Just wait and see...

I have officially gone crazy, I thought-- well, at least I think I did.

My uncertainty was answered by the weird looks I was receiving from my captors. Returning their looks with my famous one-eyebrow-raise, they all turned their heads around, ignoring my outburst.

We continued walking towards a car that was waiting across the street from where we were previously standing. As we got closer, I noticed it was a 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Limited Edition. It was black and had silver embellishments, with tinted black windows and the country's flag on the side. Reaching the car, one of the guards with brunette hair opened the door for me.

Oh, what a gentleman, I sneered in my head.

I climbed into the vehicle as best as I could with my hands still tied, and sat in the middle seat while the other guards sat on both sides of me. The guy in the driver's seat looked into the rear view mirror and made eye contact with me. I took this as a golden opportunity, and put as much coldness as I could manage into the stare. My icy glare seemed to make him squirm under pressure, and he snapped his eyes back to the road. He started the car and we were off to the castle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sometime during the ride, I had fallen asleep due to the lack of rest I had gotten. When I had woken up, I was being poked in the shoulder.

"Hey! You! We're here, so you might want to get up."

I opened my eyes, disoriented. As reality came rushing back, I took in my surroundings. Through the windows, I could make out the forest that we were in.