Chapter 12

Hey guys... :D Ok so there's something that keeps replaying in my mind. In drama the other day my teacher said he wanted to prerecord parent teacher conferences so when parents got there, they would look on a chart, see what disc was their child and pop it in a player. One of the examples he told us cracked me up. He said, "Your child will be just fine.... once they get to prison." Yeah, I guess you'd have to be there... heheheh. I hate it when people say that. Ok, on to more important matters.... YOU DIDN'T GET TO THE DESIRED LIKES/COMMENTS BUT I WANTED TO POST SO BAD. So here is the next part! :D

....................................

Madi's POV

I bite my lower lip- a nervous habit I've picked up over the years- as I press my finger against the doorbell.

I nod my head to the little tune that follows before the door swings open. Kylie stands in the threshold grinning wildly at me.

"Hello!" she chirps, the smile remaining on her face.

I curve up one side of my mouth in a half-smile. "You look like the Cheshire cat," I remark.

Kylie huffs. "I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not, but I'm not taking it in a nice way."

I roll my eyes and nudge her out of the way so I could enter the house and escape the coolness of the air outside.

As I barge in, I nearly run into a girl wearing plaid pajama bottoms, a mint green cami and a sleepy look on her face. Her red curls are flattened and mangled, sticking to her scalp in a humorous way. Yet she still looks like a supermodel.

I stand to the side of her to wait for Kylie to introduce us.

First, I critically glance down at myself. I had on a loose navy tee-shirt, dark skinny jeans, and a comfortable white infinity scarf. This morning, I used my curling wand to transform my naturally straight hair into a curtain of flowing, wavy locks, but they looked worse then the girl's bed head curls.

I feel bad about my hairdressing skills now.

I shake my head to clear myself of all negative thoughts, then examine Kylie's outfit.

She was wearing white capris, a flowy light blue high-low shirt, a coral infinity scarf with feathers printed onto the delicate fabric, and coral flats.

I am so underdressed.

Kylie stands in front of the girl and I now, still beaming.

I ahem to get her attention then nod my head in the tall, skinny, gorgeous redhead's direction.

"Oh!" she gasps.

I sigh in relief. This could have gotten awkward really fast.

"I still need to do my hair!" she shouts, alarmed. Kylie rushes down the hall to the bathroom next door to her bedroom.

I let my breath out in another sigh and turn to the girl. "I swear under that cute, dark brown bob of Kylie's, there's a whole lot of blonde. Hey, my name is Madilynne, but just call me Madi." I smile at her.

Her perfect features don't shift to form a new expression. "Emma," she responds in a monotone voice.

She's probably just tired, I dismiss.

"So, Emma," I start. "how have you been enjoying your stay to D.C.?"

She blinks her gorgeous hazel-green eyes at me. "I've only been here 2 days."

Oooookkkk...

"Well, Kylie told me about that book you guys found. Can I see it? I'm really excited to go track down that treasure!"

"It's in her room...," she trails off.

"How about I go run and get it?" I offer.

"Nah."

I have a feeling that today will be fun.

Note my extreme sarcasm.

........................................

Hope that satisfies. Well, 40 likes/comments on the book before there will be another part. And until then, go read my other book the Big Break!!! :D