013 - tightrope

tightrope
《 ˈtītˌrōp 》
noun
a rope or wire stretched tightly high above the ground, on which acrobats perform feats of balancing

IRENE
Do you know the feeling of fear, fear so deep that you just want to burst into a million tears and cower. That's how I felt when I sat at the table. I didn't want to leave—either of you. But I knew I had to. I had to choose one of you. I didn't want to, I didn't want to break either of your hearts.

JIN
I knew she wasn't  going to choose me. I knew that she was going to choose him. I looked at her giving her a smile, a smile full of hope. I needed to deceive her.

I think back to the first time I met her.

It was cold and rainy and we all had to perform. I could hear the other members laughing and smiling. But what I heard the most was someone's laugh so joyful and vivid. It was like a painting, so full of bright colors and excitement.

I stood up telling the others that I needed to go to the restroom. And that's when I met her, the infamous Irene Bae. She was in the hallway, laughing but with tears. She looked up, and she looked so rueful and sad.

How could a person that laughed so bright, look so sad?

And that's when I knew this was the life of us. Love and all the useless things aren't even relevant. It's all work.

But still Irene sat at the table twiddling her thumbs full of anxiety. She was walking a tightrope and I knew it. You could see how tentative she was with taking another step in the road laid out for her. Irene would trip and tremble and almost fall. But there was me and him to hold her up.

IRENE
"I choose Taehyung."