004 - broken

broken
《 ˈbrōkən 》
adjective
having been fractured or damaged and no longer in one piece or in working order.

IRENE
When a human is sad, they are basically a broken human. Someone who dwells on a sad thought and just sits there plainly doing nothing. Useless, wasting their time sitting there, but isn't it ironic? I am the one doing the exact thing, hypocritical she would say.

And here I am crying over him again, I've lost track over the countless times I have shed tears over him. It's stupid, how I never realized that it was worthless to cry over him. But still they fall out continuously.

I won't do this anymore, what's the point for crying for a guy who isn't ever going to come back to you. I wipe my tears and turn on my phone.

JIN: Irene, can u come over to my
dorm tonight?
I have a surprise for u!

ME: Sure!
What time?

JIN: 6 pm Meet at the Han River
and we can walk back to my dorm
together for ur surprise!

I smile. A surprise. A surprise. I like surprises. They were always unique, because it gave you an anticipation and I liked anticipating for something. I was excited, filled with ecstasy I stood up and back to my dorm.

Finally arriving at my dorm, I took out the key and unlocked the door. Inside, everything was a strewn, with books lying here and there. Pots and pans not washed and put in their correct places.

The misplacement of each of these bothered my nerves but I willingly pushed it away to give me freedom.

I changed quickly and grabbed a cap to hide my face from the public. I close my bedroom door and escaped the mess my dorm members had made. Once I was put in the cold air I began walking towards the Han River.

The Han River. Our last meeting place, the one where it was filled with cherished memories. It took me a moment to realize this but our relationship was a broken mirror. It was broken from the time we started.

We were both broken, striving for something to keep them sane and it worked. But I didn't know I fell in love, hard. Our relationship never affected you, you were blind to everything.

I pulled up collar of jacket as the wind continued hitting me gently. My feet finally took me to the Han River. It was a serene place.

My gaze averted from the water to a couple. Their mouths were on each other, kissing. I just stood there staring, then the moonlight shifted to reveal the male's face. It was Kim Taehyung.

My legs felt nonexistent and I fell. I heard footsteps behind me and a scream, "Irene!" At that moment, I felt betrayed like that night months ago. Although I was already betrayed, useless the people snickered behind me when he left.

A shadow covered the moonlight from shining on top of me, I lifted my head up to show, Jin staring down at me with a pitifull look. He crouches down at where I am and pulls me up.

My head was still pointed to where Taehyung was and the girl kissing. Jin noticed and put his two hands on my cheeks and literally turned my head the other way towards the Han River.

I was thankful for Jin at that moment, as I felt always.

JIN
As Irene was staring down at the Han River. I slowly moved away from her and to a point where I could still see Irene. I pulled out a polaroid camera that I specifically bought for tonight and *snap* a polaroid came spewing out of the slot.

I waited for the polaroid to develop and it finally did. The photo had Irene in the center covered in lights from the lamps. It gave Irene a different aura, instead of her crying self, it gave her a more strong and innocent version of herself.

Irene suddenly turned, scaring me causing me to drop them camera as I was taking another photos of her. She giggled at my sight and I, embarrassed quickly went to grab the photos and camera.

She walked over to me and picked up one polaroid. "So that's why you left me, I thought you ditched me!" Irene laughed as she combed through the things that I had dropped.

She picked up a polaroid and said "Is that me? Oh, I look so pretty in that one!" "Can I have it?" Irene exclaimed. "No." I muttered hastily.

I couldn't let her have that polaroid. It was for me only.