Assassins

(we're gonna mix it up and use 3rd Person hehehe)

(also, trigger warning, it is a little depressing at the start, but I swear it gets happier)

Magnus Chase had a crappy life. His mother died when he was just a boy, he had to live homeless, and just when his life was getting back on track, he found out that several of his friends had died in a car crash. Finally, even after several support groups and anti-depressants, he couldn't take it. He wanted to be free of his earthly pain. But alas, he wasn't brave enough to take his own life. So he got in contact with dangerous people. He contacted the city's best assassin. He paid whatever amount the assassin, who was only known The Child of Mischief and Evil, needed. He told the assassin to kill him swiftly and painlessly in the next year. The next day, a new person entered his life. 

——

The unnamed assassin was known in a civilian life as Alex Fierro. Mr. Fierro frequented the local bookstore, where Mr. Chase had begun working. As Alex set his books on the counter to pay for them, one copy caught the the eye of Magnus. 

"A Complete Recollection of the Poems of Edgar Allan Poe. Good taste." Magnus commented as he bagged the book. Alex raised his eyebrow, easily recognizing  the man who had paid him to be killed. Instead of bringing the topic to life, he went with it.

"You like him too? I thought I was the only one."

"Hardly." 

The conversation carried on much longer, but with a line building, the two agreed to meet for coffee. 

—-

1st Person

I strolled up the town's dearly loved coffee shop. Entering, I looked around for a familiar mop of green hair. Spotting it, I made my way over. Sitting down, I realized he had the copy of poetry. 

"There is no better way to spend a morning than with a cup of coffee and a book." 

"We can agree on that." She said with a laugh. The two of us talked about the superiority of books to humankind while downing several cup after cup of caffeine. After a while, while the shop closed up, Mrs. Fierro made an offer.

"What do you say we get dinner together? As a date, maybe?" She asked, waiting nervously.I smiled happily as my life finally looked up.

"I'd love too."

——

Back to 3rd Person 

The two, over several months, developed feeling for each other. After a while, Alex asked Magnus to be his official boyfriend. He accepted, and neither had been as happy in their life. 

The months passed by, and soon, it had been well past a year.  Magnus had completely forgotten his past request, his heart healed by love. 

One morning, the two in each other's arms, Magnus started.

"Hey Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Anything."

"Before I met you, I was really sad. Depressed, really. I met with bad people. I hired someone to kill me. I told them to do it within a year. But it's been past a year. I'm scared of leaving you." Alex smiled into Magnus.

"Can I tell you something too?"

"Sure."

"I was the assassin." Magnus gasped, before hitting his forehead.

"I'm so stupid." Alex laughed before pulling Magnus into a kiss, the two living in bliss.