I

HAILEY ALEXANDRA

I wiped the sweat off my forehead and placed my arms on my hips. "Finally!" I said aloud, as I stared at the new house which I had just moved into, all furnitures placed neatly. Looking at the new environment, I smiled to myself. No more misery, Hailey. You don't have to be afraid of that drunkard anymore, he's gone. I looked towards the door as it flung wide open.

"Subway cookie?" Jared smiled cheekily at me, holding up the bag of cookies as I ran forward to grab a hold of it. "You're awesome." I said, with my mouth already full with my favourite double chocolate chip cookies - my weakness.

Jared was my only guy friend which I could trust, being with me all the while I was going through the misery back when I was still living with the bastard I call a father. He's also the reason I'm able to live in this house. It's hard to earn my trust, and it means a lot that I trust Jared. He was really a great guy.

"Could we go get some coffee? I saw Starbucks near the area just now while we were coming." I swallowed the remaining bits of my cookie, while he shrugged.

"Anything."

"A Caffe Latte and a Caffe Mocha please," I said loudly to the lady who was busy flirting with her colleague, sending indirect messages of 'Screw me tonight'.

"Coming right up." I rolled my eyes as she scowled at me.

As I held the coffee and headed my way out of the shop, a tingly feeling erupted in me as my stomach did somersaults. It puzzled me as to why my Wolf was screaming in excitement.

Ignoring the bizarre reactions that were coming from my Wolf, I pulled open the door just as someone pushed it open as well.

Shifting my gaze to the anonymous, my eyes widened as his jaws dropped slightly.

He was gorgeous.

Slightly tanned skin, perfect built which hinted sexiness as his black tight shirt clung onto him. That was when I understood why my Wolf reacted that way previously. She had seen it coming.

"Mate." She muttered, just as the gorgeous man whispered faintly,

"Mine."

His beautiful blue eyes bared into mine and as our skin touched slightly, I felt goosebumps making their way on every part of my body while my heart raced wildly.

He seemed to have the same reaction as me as we both were transfixed in our spots for a full minute, locked in his intense gaze.

Yeah, that sounded dramatic. I felt like I was in the fairytale when the princess met the prince, but no. I didn't need any prince. Scratch that, I didn't need any males in my life. Jared as an exception.

I snapped back to reality before I did what my brain told me to - Run.

Pushing his chest out of the way with much force, I couldn't help but realise how hard and sculpted his chest was. Heck, he probably had abs.

I mentally slapped myself for having those inappropriate thoughts, seriously Hailey? Really?

My wolf was certainly annoyed and beyond pissed. She hated the fact that we were running away from our mate. I heard a faint yell and cuss from behind me as quick and swift footsteps were heard from him as well. I picked up my pace and ran as fast as possible, trying to locate the carpark that Jared had said to meet at.

I wasn't going to have another guy enter my life when I just got one out of my life. "No more." I whispered to myself, as I increased my pace and ran further away.