5

"A-are you sure about this, Sir Integra? Alucard m-might get mad..." I whispered as the helicopter landed near the barricade. She chuckled and patted my head. "Do not worry, who doesn't want to be visited at work by their most precious treasure? Besides, you will be staying here and away from the danger" she assured as we both left the helicopter. "I also wanted to let you experience riding a helicopter for once. Did you enjoy it?" she asked and I nodded. It was a very fun experience and I could see everything so clearly from the sky.

"It's a beautiful night, isn't it? Perfect for monster hunting" Sir Integra mumbled under her breath with a huge smile on her face as she inhaled smoke from her cigar. We stood there and waited for Alucard to return. Sir Integra told me a little bit about the mission while we were in the helicopter. There was a vampire posing as a priest and killing villagers in a village known as cheddar. It was a very strange name for a village.

My ears picked up a strange noise in the distance, it was a good few miles away. It almost sounded like...groaning. I focused my senses and saw that there were a group of people heading towards us but as I looked closer I could see that there was something strange about the group of people. "S-sir Integra...t-there seems to be a group of people heading towards us b-but t-they look strange" I said as I continued to look. My eyes widened as I finally realized what the strange thing about them was. They were covered in blood and they were no longer human. Sir Integra had told me about them once. When a vampire bites a deflowered person, they will turn into ghouls. Mindless creatures that eat flesh and do nothing but their master's bidding. It was beyond cruel.

I clenched my teeth and unsheathed my swords, making Sir Integra look at me questioningly. "Is there something wrong Ellah?"

"There is a group of ghouls heading our way. I count fifteen of them but there may be more" I reported as she chewed on her lip and cursed under her breath. "Alright men, be ready!" she told her soldiers and the police men readied as well. I could tell that the police men were confused but one word from Sir Integra was enough for her soldiers to know that something was coming.

I moved to step forward but Sir Integra stopped me. She had a serious look in her eyes while she spoke. "Stay behind me..." she said, blocking my way with her hand. I nodded but it still wasn't enough for my hands to let go of my blades. There was still a chance that I needed to use them.

The ghouls were finally close enough for them to see but still a little ways away. They began firing at the ghouls and there were more than what I had first assessed. There was a lot more. The more they got closer, the louder the groaning got until I could see every horrifying detail of their rotting corpses. The smell was terrible and it was enough to make me gag. I covered my mouth and my nose. Something about them frightened me.

Aside from their appearance, the noise they made reminded me of the time I spent inside the trunk. It was like I was trapped again. I closed my eyes tightly and covered my ears to try and ignore the sound. I felt afraid. My whole body was shaking with fear. It was all too much.

Then my eyes flew open when I heard screaming. The ghouls were much closer and there were too many. Some of the police men had already fallen victim to the ghouls. I slapped my cheeks and unsheathed my swords. This was no time to be afraid. I had to help them. "Ellah, stay back!" Sir Integra said, already predicting my actions. I shook my head nervously. I had never disobeyed her before but I just couldn't stand by as innocent people were killed while knowing that I could have done something to help them. I just couldn't.

I ran forward and cut through the ghouls, their blood splattering all over my dress as they turned to dust. I continued to cut through every ghoul I saw until I could no longer hear the noise they made. Finally, it was quiet again. I flicked the blood off of my swords and sheathed them once they were clean. I stared at the scene before me, piles of dust and rotting corpses were scattered everywhere and I couldn't believe that I had done that.

"Ellah!" I heard Sir Integra call as she ran to me. There was a look of fear in her eyes. She grabbed me and looked me up and down, looking for wounds and injuries. "A-are you alright? Tell me all of this blood isn't your's!" she exclaimed, she was panicking. She held both my cheeks, her hands shaking. After wiping my hands clean on my skirt, I placed my hands over hers and showed her a calm smile. "I'm alright, sir. This blood isn't mine. I am a vampire now. I won't get hurt so easily" I said and she smiled. She wrapped me in a hug, the top of my head just barely under her chin as she let out a breath of relief. "I am glad...that was terrifying" she whispered, placing her hand on the back of my head.

"S-sir...y-your clothes with get dirty"

"I don't care, let me hold you for a little longer" she muttered as she tightened her hug. I only nodded and let her be. It was the least I could do after disobeying her orders and making her worry.

She pulled back a few minutes later and cleared her throat after adjusting her coat. She told her men to help the injured police officers while the others cleaned up. I unfortunately didn't have a change of clothes with me so I had to endure the stench of ghouls blood until we returned to the mansion.

While everyone was busy, my eyes locked onto a figure in the distance. The red of his coat was unmistakeable and his tall figure was even more unmistakeable. His orange tinted glasses glinted in the night and I felt my heart race. It was odd.

Then as he got closer, I noticed that he was holding something or rather someone in his arms. He finally looked up, our eyes meeting and his widening as he saw me. I couldn't figure out if what I saw in his eyes was fear or anger. It was more understandable that he would be angry but I couldn't understand why he would be afraid. He slowly approached me and the person in his arms became more recogniseable, it was a girl.

"What are you doing here?" he asked. However, my eyes were glued to the girl as I responded. "I wanted to ride a helicopter" was all I said. "Then why are you covered in blood?" he asked a little worried. "There were ghouls and I fought them" I simply answered before gaining the courage to ask him a question. "Who is she?" I asked, finally looking him in the eyes. He was worried about something but he hid it very well. He let go of the girl as I hurriedly tried to catch her. "She is no one" he said grimly before walking off. That was really strange.