4

"Master..."

"Ellah... What have we discussed?"

"Right... I am supposed to call you Alucard from now on. I-I'm sorry mas- Alucard" I said and he chuckled. "It's alright, I know it is difficult but you will eventually get used to it"

"Y-yes mas- Alucard" I bit my bottom lip as we walked to the training grounds. Ever since I called him by his name he has refused to be called by anything else. I did it in the spurr of the moment, I never thought he would actually like it enough to refuse being called master by his pet. I feel so ashamed of myself. Calling your master by their name without honorifics was considered a big no no, atleast, that's what it said in the books that I had read. "So from now on... I will be accompanying you on your missions?" I asked and he chuckled. "No... My master simply wishes for you to learn to defend yourself. I already told you that she treats you like her little sister. She would never put you in harms way and neither would I" he explained.

"O-okay..." I replied. Then Walter arrived holding two cases, one being longer than the other. "Good evening Ms. Ellah. Glad to see you up and about again" he said, smiling as he placed the cases on the table. "Have you brought them?" my master asked and Walter nodded in his direction. "I have brought both the guns and the swords so that she may choose her preference" he replied. My master looked at me and waved me over to his side and showed me the weapons. The one in the smaller case was a pair of silver pistols and the one in the longer case was a pair of swords with carvings on the blade and handle.

"Now Ellah, choose your weapon wisely" my master ordered. He showed me a look and I immediately remembered that he was able to read minds. He was reprimanding me for not calling him by his name. My hands hovered over the guns before they unconsciously went to the swords. I grabbed the swords and tested their weight. They were perfect. 

"Seraphina and Ophelia. These swords were made by one of the best blacksmiths in London and were blessed on the night of a full moon. Ophelia has rose carvings on the blade itself while Seraphina has feathered wings carved onto its blade and the handle is comfortable and snug on the hand" Walter said and my ma- Alucard smiled as I held the swords. 

"What perfect weapons for an elegant lady. You have chosen well, kitten" he said, patting my head. "Although they are razor sharp, they are only effective for close range combat. I suggest that you keep at least a few small knives on hand to handle longer range fighting" Walter suggested, handing me a belt filled with small knives. I nodded to him and the training began.

<><><>

I huffed as I focused on every noise I could hear. The blind fold was wrapped tightly over my eyes, impairing my vision but helping me focus on the noise. I could hear a butterflies wing beat and the whistling of wind passing against holes in the trees. Then I heard the click of a gun and the loud bang of it being fired. I heard the wind rushing around the bullet as it passed by. I raised my sword and deflected the bullet, hearing the clang of the bullet colliding with my blade.

Another bang signaled another bullet flying my way and I slashed at it with my sword, cutting the bullet in half. Then a flurry of bullets came at me all at once and I increased my speed, turning in all directions to deflect all of the bullets until there was none left. Finally, the guns barrel clicked with an empty magazine.

I let out a deep breath and removed the blindfold, my eyes glowing green in the darkness. "Well done, Ms. Ellah!" Walter said as he clapped his hands in delight. I giggled and thanked the butler. "All of those months of training have been worth it" I said as I sheathed my swords. "Is my kitten done with her training already?" a voice said as the figure walked out of the shadows. "Alucard, welcome back" I said. I couldn't help the smile forming on my face as I ran to the tall man in red. He chuckled and patted my head and I giggled. "How was your mission?" I asked, filled with curiosity.

He grinned and lifted me up, making me sit on his arm like a child. I pouted at this and he chuckled. I may look like a child due to my short stature but I was already a young adult at least, I was permanently a young adult. "I'll tell you once we get back to our room. That's enough training for the night, it will be daybreak soon and we both need our sleep" he said, kissing my forehead. I nodded and he walked into the mansion and down to the basement where we shared a room.

The silence was a little unnerving. I could feel that something was weighing on his mind. We were connected in a way and I could feel that he was bothered by something. I decided to let it be, I knew that he would tell me when he felt comfortable. He always did. We reached our room and he set me down gently. I went into the bathroom and changed into my night clothes which mostly consisted of a white long sleeved night gown that reached my knees. It was a little form fitting but it got wider as it flowed down my waist and it was still comfortable to sleep in.

"Ellah..." Alucard said, breaking the silence that fell on us as I brushed my hair. I hummed for him to continue. "You know, I cherish you more than a master would his pet"

I turned to him, it was strange for him to say this. "I know..." I replied. He grinned and he strode towards me, stopping just a few inches from where I was sitting. "Then from now on you are no longer my pet" he declared and my head tilted to the side in slight confusion. "T-then what am I?" I asked him. His smile grew wider and he planted a kiss on my cheek before staring into my eyes gently. "You are something more precious to me than a pet. You are my precious treasure" he kissed closer to my eye, making me blink.

"Now let's get some sleep" he said, lifting me up and carrying me towards our 'bed'. He laid me down on the cushioned coffin and lied down next to me. I giggled as he faced me and the lid came down on both of us. As the lights faded, his red eyes glowed but it didn't scare me because I knew that mine were glowing as well.

"Goodnight Ellah"

"Goodnight Alucard"